Exporting for another application and proofing.

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
I need to export from Lightroom some photos than will be then imported into InDesign, and printed on a Canon Pixma Pro 1 printer (there will be more than one image per page, and some text).

I've got some experience in printing directly, but not on preparing for someone else. The InDesign user is not a professional one as well - skilled Photoshop/Illustrator illustrator, but not a photo or DTP pro - so we're learning. We know we could use the other tools also, but InDesign looks a simper way to combine what we need into a final design, and, as said, learning is part of the fun.

Should I proof for the printer in Lightroom, and then export the proofs images (AFAIK, InDesign can color manage each image, but can't "tweak" them) ? If so, which color profile needs to be attached to the images?

Is it OK if I proof for the target profile (say "Canon LU-101"), export that image say in AdobeRGB or ProPhoto, so once imported in InDesign it will again apply the transformation from AdobeRGB/ProPhoto -> Canon LU-101 using ACE while printing (hopefully if the version of ACE aren't exactly the same it works anyway good enough)?

Or should I use the destination output profile directly?

Is there something wrong, or that I'm still unaware of?