Fail to contact support Reikan (Focal)

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
I wonder if just I have this problem.

I use the web-form to contact Reikan support
After I have filled in all the required information I press 'Send'
The errormessage: "Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method"

I have tried this form now several days. It doesn't work
Does anyone know another way to contact them?
Thanks

I want to register my 6D in the Reikan License. But the software crashes. I am using Focal Pro v1.9.5w on windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Maiaibing said:
candyman said:
I wonder if just I have this problem.

Reikan is known not to answer support mail or support questions. Maybe mail works(?).
How "known" are Reikan for this - just to you, perhaps?
Your credibility for posting this is not very high, given that this is your very first post on the CR forum.

Personally, I have reported a few bugs and feature suggestions since I purchased the Pro license about 1.5 years ago. Every time, I've gotten a response.
To me, this sounds like a simple website problem.

Upvote 0
If you have a look on their website, there's a link to their twitter feed where they say that there has been an issue with the contact form, but now fixed.

http://www.reikan.co.uk/focalweb/

I think they did a website upgrade a week or so ago, so probably related to that. I've had nothing but good support from them having been a very early adopter of the software. It's a shame they're still hamstrung by Canon's lack of a proper API toolkit for the 5D 3.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Maiaibing said:
kaihp said:
Your credibility for posting this is not very high, given that this is your very first post on the CR forum.

Its credible - and I'm not the only one: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51968804
- you can find more on the net.

So...your 'evidence' is a thread started by you, in which most of the posts are by you, except for another person who did hear from Rich eventually (and received an apology for the delay), and someone else who thought the software was doing AFMA on live view (which it obviously isn't and can't, although live view is used for target alignment, etc.). You're significantly outnumbered by people who did hear back.

Sorry, still not credible. I'm not saying you're wrong about not getting a response, but for example if someone sends me an email, I don't reply right away, then they send a bunch more emails, I'd be inclined to just ignore them. Also, you never mentioned the 'simple question' you asked, but the answers to most simple questions are usually easy to find on a product website, so perhaps your answer was so obvious that no reply was really needed.

Personally, I've submitted support tickets or emailed Rich directly on several occasions, and always received a relatively prompt response (usually within one business day, allowing for the UK time difference).

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Maiaibing said:
kaihp said:

Its credible - and I'm not the only one: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51968804

So...your 'evidence' is a thread started by you, in which most of the posts are by you, except for another person who did hear from Rich eventually (and received an apology for the delay), and someone else who thought the software was doing AFMA on live view (which it obviously isn't and can't, although live view is used for target alignment, etc.). You're significantly outnumbered by people who did hear back.

Sorry, still not credible. I'm not saying you're wrong about not getting a response, but for example if someone sends me an email, I don't reply right away, then they send a bunch more emails, I'd be inclined to just ignore them. Also, you never mentioned the 'simple question' you asked, but the answers to most simple questions are usually easy to find on a product website, so perhaps your answer was so obvious that no reply was really needed.

Personally, I've submitted support tickets or emailed Rich directly on several occasions, and always received a relatively prompt response (usually within one business day, allowing for the UK time difference).

The only person who i not credible is you.

If you read the thraed there are 4 people complaining about Reikan support. And there is one more here in this thread . I will not reply any more to someone who would rather stick to their beliefs in the face of evidence.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Maiaibing said:

If you read the thraed there are 4 people complaining about Reikan support. And there is one more here in this thread . I will not reply any more to someone who would rather stick to their beliefs in the face of evidence.

Four including you, one of whom came back to say he did hear from Rich. Maybe the other two did, too. You seem to have been the only one to repeatedly post back that you're still dissatisfied.

Ok, that's unfortunate. Here's a suggestion - don't buy FoCal. Easy!

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Maiaibing said:
neuroanatomist said:
Maiaibing said:
kaihp said:

I've used focal and have always received prompt answers, as have many others that I know. Computers being what they are, there will always be glitches, they seem to be no more than a normal number at FoCal.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
It has been 44 days ago since I filed my support ticket. I still did not get any reply.
Does anyone have a suggestion what to do? I can't register my 6D and I really want to AFMA my 6D.

(In my initial contact to Reikan I uploaded/sent screencaptures to Reikan of my problem licensing the 6D thinking it would help them)

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
I bought it on the 11th and it wouldn't register. I lodged the ticket and got a response back in 24 hours that they had a problem with license creation between 9-11 April but it should be fixed now. I tried again but its still wouldn't register. He reopened the ticket I had but I haven't had any responses or updates since. I would rather I had a working copy by now but the reasons I haven't been too stressed about it is because other forum members recommended it and, as I understand it, it's a one man operation. 2 weeks is a still a bit frustrating but at 40+ days you must be really peeved.

Upvote 0