Features on the iphone 6+

e17paul

Keen amateur, film & digital. Mac addict too.
Oct 8, 2013
London, UK
Zv said:
wickidwombat said:
i wonder if you can use the camera with a manual mode? i dont understand why they dont allow this it would make it sooo much more powerfull to be able to set shutter speed and iso manually....

I thought there were apps that could do manual settings?

I remember manual camera settings being announced at the iOS8 event in June. That will also come to the 4S and 5/5c/5s with the imminent software update. Can any beta testers out there confirm?

Upvote 0
Zv said:
Remember when phones resembled bricks? And then they slowly became smaller and smaller until they could fit inside a matchbox? And nowadays the trend seems to be for ever larger phones - reverting them back to brick status. I love progress!

Just rambling. :)

They aren't bricks now, they are tiles. Next, they will be shingles, then probably piping, and then drywall, then just clear panes of glass. When we've exhausted building material analogies, they will be implanted into our heads.

Upvote 0

dgatwood

300D, 400D, 6D
May 1, 2013
c.d.embrey said:
The way I see it, the main problem with the iPhone and other smart phones, is that they don't scream "Hey look at me" like a DSLR ;)

Just in case somebody reads that and takes it seriously, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the main problem with iPhone and other phone cameras is that the sensor is so small that the hyperfocal distance puts everything in focus from selfie distance to infinity, which means your selfies will never have any background blur. ;D

Upvote 0
dgatwood said:
which means your selfies will never have any background blur. ;D

I would imagine that for a good number of selfie shooters, this is desired. People take selfies to show that they are in a specific location. If the background is blurry, it removes some important information from the documentary type photograph.

Not every photographer wants blury backgrounds.

Upvote 0