Features on the iphone 6+

From what i know, manual settings for the iPhone camera were not "allowed" by apple. at least so far. manual shutter speed is a function controlled by iOS, and apple hasn't allowed for apps to access it, until now. it is said that with iOS 8 users will be able (through using specific apps) to manually set shutter speed :)

PS. It was about time 8)

Upvote 0
Jimmy_Surf said:
From what i know, manual settings for the iPhone camera were not "allowed" by apple. at least so far. manual shutter speed is a function controlled by iOS, and apple hasn't allowed for apps to access it, until now. it is said that with iOS 8 users will be able (through using specific apps) to manually set shutter speed :)

PS. It was about time 8)

Ah I see, thanks. I have an iPhone 5 as well but never bothered with any camera apps other than the standard built in which for almost all quick snaps does a damn good job. For me the phone camera should work well in auto because that's how I'll use it. I'm more of a functional camera phone user than creative. I leave that to the DSLRs.

Edit - though having full control option is always a plus!

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Steve said:
RLPhoto said:
240fps is neat but something I rarely use.

You may not but everybody else in the world will. Slow mo cat videos (in portrait orientation, of course) will dominate the internet for years

Yes because all we need is more slow mo 240FPS 720P cat footage shot in portrait orientation because the previous 120FPS 720P cat footage shot in shaky portrait orientation will look like garbage now. ::) ::) ::)

Or maybe because I'm more of a dog person and likewise wouldn't be using the 240FPS feature as much. XD

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
Yes because all we need is more slow mo 240FPS 720P cat footage shot in portrait orientation because the previous 120FPS 720P cat footage shot in shaky portrait orientation will look like garbage now. ::) ::) ::)

With that built in IS? You bet. I want smooth, ultra slow mo, portrait-oriented feline goodness from my telephone

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Steve said:
RLPhoto said:

With that built in IS? You bet. I want smooth, ultra slow mo, portrait-oriented feline goodness from my telephone

Then by all means the Iphone 6+ is the product for your type.

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
i wonder if you can use the camera with a manual mode? i dont understand why they dont allow this it would make it sooo much more powerfull to be able to set shutter speed and iso manually....

It all depends on whether you think of a camera as a tool or a toy to play with. Automatic features like Auto Focus, Auto White Balance, Auto ISO, etc make good tools easier to use, but not nearly as muck fun to play with ;)

The way I see it, the main problem with the iPhone and other smart phones, is that they don't scream "Hey look at me" like a DSLR ;)

Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
RLPhoto said:
Steve said:
RLPhoto said:

Then by all means the Iphone 6+ is the product for your type.

My cat refuses to be filmed with anything less than 4k!

Upvote 0