FINAL SPECIFICATIONS for Medium Format Sensor 8K/50.3 Megapixel Combined Stills/Video Global Shutter Mirrorless Camera !!!!

Aaaaaahhhhhh !!!! What the Hell !!! I'll Disclose EVERYTHING now ..... !!!!!!!!!

Apple also has a set of DCI 8K OLED 32 inch and 65 inch computer monitors coming out (with built in cameras, have infrared Kinect-like position and gesture recognition and are both touchscreen) AND a large format colour 3D-XYZ volumetric display allowing actually physical view of an object in TRUE physically-discernable 3D from ANY angle that needs NO LCD SHUTTER or POLARIZED GLASSES at all !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
Aaaaaahhhhhh !!!! What the Hell !!! I'll Disclose EVERYTHING now ..... !!!!!!!!!

Apple also has a set of DCI 8K OLED 32 inch and 65 inch computer monitors coming out (with built in cameras, have infrared Kinect-like position and gesture recognition and are both touchscreen)
...and they both are actually iPads, just with additional DisplayPort inputs. So, Photoshop for iPad works on them natively.

Can be battery-powered too (with a non-removable battery).

Upvote 0
No. Becuase it wasnt a leak, it was something vaguely similar to spaghetti thrown against the wall

---

Oh it's a leak all right !!! Not too worried about NDA as I didn't sign one! The CODEC is so revolutionary that if it's Not My Way, It's the Highway!

The money negotiated was a tad more than a mere Bell 429's cost!

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
JFC

I came to CR out of morbid curiosity, only to find HarrySchizo’s coup de gras. If the redesign and self-evident policy change wherein the “EOS bodies” forum became the “literally anything you want” forum wasn’t the last straw, this exhibition of mental illness likely is.

I miss the days of AvTvM complaining that his camera didn’t count coulombs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
No! Seriously! It actually IS APPLE !!!

Really! They have their own CMOS imaging chips and New iPhones/iPads with 2/3rds inch and APS-C sensors!

and a really fancy large MF 8K Stills/Video camera system !!!

PLUS there's both a polymer 3D printer coming out AND a 3D metal deposition/laser sintering printer coming out for the new Mac Pros! It's very easy to connect, use and maintain -- It's a quite a step beyond what is offered by others out there! The new multi-colour plastic extrusion media comes in pre-packaged bundles that are hot-swappable and relatively cheap to buy and come in 6-colours for now! (more colours coming soon!)

The 3D-XYZ laser sintering system is 1/20th the price of the major vendors and again, the metal Aluminum Powders, Titanium Powders, Stainless Steel powders (in various strength and corrosion resistance grades for all powders) are all pre-packaged and bought online from Apple store.

Both 3D printing systems have a 300 x 300 x 300 mm objects version, a 500 by 500 by 500 mm objects version, a 750 x 750 x 750 mm objects version and a 1500 by 1500 by 1500 mm objects version so you can choose which cubic size of object you wish to manufacture at the price level of 3D printer you can afford to buy! Apple is going head to head with EVERY 3D printing company out there. This will result in a whole new income stream for 3D printers and metal powders and polymer media!

To power all of this, they bought a small CAD/CAM/FEA software maker and remade its software for their own 3D printing products AND they made it a LOT easier to use and understand but with similar capabilities to CATIA! It does run ONLY on Mac Pros and Macbook Pros though! Think of it as a Final-Cut Pro for the all in one printers for mac !

Apple is now going after the engineering and mechanical design people the way they went after desktop publishing in the 1980's. They're making an ENTIRELY NEW INDUSTRY for the localized manufacturing of high-quality plastic and metal parts AND a 3rd party 3D-design market within the Apple Store allowing you to sell your designs and buy/licence other people's designs !!! You've heard of DTP (Desktop Publishing) ... NOW... you get DDM (Desktop Design and Manufacturing) -- All from APPLE !!!!

SO YEAH! I think this is a bit of a REALLY BIG DEAL !!!

They made the DCI 8K/50.3 Megapixel MF camera because it is ALSO a 3D scanner for the 3D printing systems as are the new large-sensor tablets/smartphones!

Guess what! ... IT'S ALL REAL !!!

If you are limited in the amount of space you have in your office, work cubicle or room at home then you should probably consider one of the more compact all in one printers.

Upvote 0
If you are limited in the amount of space you have in your office, work cubicle or room at home then you should probably consider one of the more compact all in one printers.

300 mm by 300 mm by 300mm print area is ONE CUBIC FOOT so it is more than small enough printing area for the average office! Apple KNOWS what they are doing! They are going after one man design shop, the 5 person mechanical engineers office, the 25 person design bureau and the World-500 engineering and design firms who will be buying 1000 of these printers at a time.

The large-format 1500mm by 1500mm by 1500m 3D-printers are for people who are building jet engines, spaceplanes and turbines! THOSE PRINTERS will be priced accordingly with such a large print area but it will STILL be 1/10th the price of those German-made high-precision 5-axis CNC machines!

The estimated market size will actually EXCEED the profits of the iPhone/iPad division by about 3x to as much as 5x because the profit margin on BOTH the printers and metal powder and plastic media for 3D printers are actually MUCH LARGER in actual dollar amount than the iPhone/iPad!

The KILLER-APP is that fancy new in-house-to-APPLE CAD/CAM/FEA software with the built-in simulation and math modules that undercuts CATIA in price by 90% (NINETY PERCENT!) with ALL the functionality in ONE SINGLE PROGRAM as ALL the modules of CATIA put together! CATIA and the other expensive CAD/CAM/FEA and fluid dynamics and physics/materials simulation systems ARE NOW DEAD IN THE WATER !!!!!

Apple JUST UNDERCUT them to 1/10th of their price for a FULL SUITE of apps !!! Apple just made a super-easy-to-use high-end version of an Adobe CS suite for CAD/CAM/FEA/Physics/Simulation !!!!!

IT SHOCKED ME WHEN I SAW THE NEW APPLE 3D PRINTERS AND CAD/CAM/FEA/Physics/Simulation SOFTWARE !!!! (No NDA applies to me in case you're wondering!)

CATIA and AUTOCAD ARE DEAD !!!!

Stratasys is DEAD !!!! HAAS is now DEAD !!!

APPLE just made an ENTIRELY new industry of one-person or small/medium design and customized manufacturing houses!
If you think Epson/HP/Canon INK is expensive today, wait until you have to KEEP BUYING Apple-branded plastic and titanium/aluminum/stainless steel metal powder media for your new APPLE 3D printers!

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
300 mm by 300 mm by 300mm print area is ONE CUBIC FOOT so it is more than small enough printing area for the average office! Apple KNOWS what they are doing! They are going after one man design shop, the 5 person mechanical engineers office, the 25 person design bureau and the World-500 engineering and design firms who will be buying 1000 of these printers at a time.

The large-format 1500mm by 1500mm by 1500m 3D-printers are for people who are building jet engines, spaceplanes and turbines! THOSE PRINTERS will be priced accordingly with such a large print area but it will STILL be 1/10th the price of those German-made high-precision 5-axis CNC machines!

The estimated market size will actually EXCEED the profits of the iPhone/iPad division by about 3x to as much as 5x because the profit margin on BOTH the printers and metal powder and plastic media for 3D printers are actually MUCH LARGER in actual dollar amount than the iPhone/iPad!

The KILLER-APP is that fancy new in-house-to-APPLE CAD/CAM/FEA software with the built-in simulation and math modules that undercuts CATIA in price by 90% (NINETY PERCENT!) with ALL the functionality in ONE SINGLE PROGRAM as ALL the modules of CATIA put together! CATIA and the other expensive CAD/CAM/FEA and fluid dynamics and physics/materials simulation systems ARE NOW DEAD IN THE WATER !!!!!

Apple JUST UNDERCUT them to 1/10th of their price for a FULL SUITE of apps !!! Apple just made a super-easy-to-use high-end version of an Adobe CS suite for CAD/CAM/FEA/Physics/Simulation !!!!!

IT SHOCKED ME WHEN I SAW THE NEW APPLE 3D PRINTERS AND CAD/CAM/FEA/Physics/Simulation SOFTWARE !!!! (No NDA applies to me in case you're wondering!)

CATIA and AUTOCAD ARE DEAD !!!!

Stratasys is DEAD !!!! HAAS is now DEAD !!!

APPLE just made an ENTIRELY new industry of one-person or small/medium design and customized manufacturing houses!
If you think Epson/HP/Canon INK is expensive today, wait until you have to KEEP BUYING Apple-branded plastic and titanium/aluminum/stainless steel metal powder media for your new APPLE 3D printers!

Actually Harry I do believe that apple will get into 3d printing it makes sense for their design ecosystem HOWEVER with regard to the camera i guessed a while ago it was apple and you said NO.
So I think it's KODAK hope that's correct, nice bit of poetic justice that would be. ;)
(Can't get emojis to work ) oh wait...

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
If I remember rightly you said a couple of years ago 'within a year' that we would have a large-sensor phone the size of a brick. And about the same time we had another prediction of an apparently a new player breaking all the norms.

I know that (as you say) you are not responsible for delivering these products but it does call into question any claims you make about a 'new generation image capture system' coming 'sooner than you think'.

All this inside knowledge and so little actually delivered - give the number of prognostications I would expect at least one of them to be right.

Upvote 0
Actually Harry I do believe that apple will get into 3d printing it makes sense for their design ecosystem HOWEVER with regard to the camera i guessed a while ago it was apple and you said NO.
So I think it's KODAK hope that's correct, nice bit of poetic justice that would be. ;)
(Can't get emojis to work ) oh wait...
===

I have an "insider" person at a certain facility who has CONFIRMED that Apple is working on (and already completed!) four 3D printers!

They are a multi-colour/multi-head 300 by 300 by 300mm (one cubic foot) plastic filament 3D printer and the industrial-quality one that is 750 by 750 by 750mm plastic filament extrusion. The other two printers are aluminum/titanium/stainless steel metal powder deposition / laser sintering machines that are also 300mm^3 and 750mm^3 cubic volumes. A super-high-end 1.5 by 1.5 by 1.5 metre metal pwder deposition printer is in prototype form but will be introduced a year or two later.

Apple-coded and branded CAD/CAM/CAE/Simulation software is nearing completion that will much easier to learn and use and will DIRECTLY COMPETE with CATIA and Autodesk! Full-feature versions of this new software will be selling at one-quarter to one-third the price of those high end CATIA/Autodesk systems!

Apple will make a FORTUNE on the easy-to-use filament and metal powder cartridges which are supposed to give you more plastic and metal in larger cartridges for the money compared to the current bulk plastic/metal sales leaders. AND these printers can be used AT HOME AND IN THE OFFICE due to their superior noise reduction, superior cooling and superior off-gassing capture keeping these very environmentally friendly.

What Apple did for Desktop Publishing (DTP) will be done BY APPLE for DTM (Desktop Manufacturing).

The 3D scanning 50.3 megapixel camera is already "in the wild" for testing so I am assuming it will be introduced at the same time as the 3D printers.

AND HOW DO I KNOW THIS?

Again, a certain person at a certain facility has specified and SHOWN some very specific proof to me. I am more than just impressed with APPLE now that I have SEEN that proof! CATIA and Autodesk are TOAST! And so are MANY of the current world leaders in 3D plastic filament printing and 3D metal powder deposition printing once Apple shows this stuff off!

WOW! I AM TRULY TRULY TRULY IMPRESSED with what Tim Cook's special products team has done in the last five years at Apple!

Safe, Quiet and Environmentally-friendly DTM (Desktop Manufacturing) is coming to the home and to the office courtesy of APPLE

and

YES! -- You heard it here first!

V

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I remember rightly you said a couple of years ago 'within a year' that we would have a large-sensor phone the size of a brick. And about the same time we had another prediction of an apparently a new player breaking all the norms.

I know that (as you say) you are not responsible for delivering these products but it does call into question any claims you make about a 'new generation image capture system' coming 'sooner than you think'.

All this inside knowledge and so little actually delivered - give the number of prognostications I would expect at least one of them to be right.

Actually, it seems it is Xiaomi and F150 Bison who have currently delivered the brick-like 20, 50 and 108 megapixel large sensor super-smartphones rather than Canon!

I do understand that Canon is working on greater than 1/2 inch sensor combination point-and-shoot brick-like camera with a very very large screen which has smartphone functionality! Canon is mostly a large optics corporation that has LITTLE EXPERTISE in smartphone technology. They would have to partner with someone else to produce the smartphone parts to integrate into the brick like cameras. They won't be partnering with Sony but I do see possibly Asus as a possible smartphone partner.

All I can do is report on in-the-wild prototypes (as per a series of two photos I posted years ago on this site!) where I have been informed that ONE of the photos was the correct functional Canon device and the other was a rendering from a fan-site. My prognostications are mostly from numerous East-Asian engineering sources and a few European electronics engineering ones. Products get started and trashed all the time by the largest companies. All I can do is report on what was seen or heard from 2nd, 3rd and even 4th parties.

There was one report here on this site where I made a statement that Apple was seriously taking a look at BUYING an entire patent portfolio via a major takeover deal of a listed set of hardware companies and that CANON was on the short-list as a take-over target. Apple CEO Tim Cook has cordial relationships with various CEO's AND politicians in Japan which would actually ALLOW Apple to be one of the ONLY foreign companies in the world to be allowed to purchase a major Japanese company such as Canon!

That takeover list was later confirmed to me by certain "insiders" and I should note that Apple is STILL on the hunt for a major patent portfolio and that Texas Instruments is STILL on the list for its DSP and CPU manufacturing IP. Citizen is also on it for it for their watch-centric micro-machine and micro-systems manufacturing prowess, as is eLux (a MicroLED manufacturing company originally part of Sharp Electronics in Yakima, Washington for their display tech).

Right now their LEADING at-of-the-top-of-the-take-over-target-list is "ON Semiconductor" which basically manufactures EVERYTHING that Apple could want in mobile systems including image sensors, automotive electronics, and CPU semiconductor manufacturing systems.

At the current 3x Earnings Multiple in the current financial environment, ON Semiconductor is worth a valuation of $17.6 Billion USD which is an EASY and QUICK BUY for Apple -- I am VERY VERY VERY SURPRISED that Tim Cook hasn't pulled the trigger yet to acquire ON Semiconductor. It's a total STEAL OF A PRICE for all of the patent / IP portfolio and manufacturing systems it has!

I also note that Apple HAS purchased manufacturing facilities and systems in Texas and possibly Nevada for what I understand is their production line of ultra large sensor 3D scanning cameras and pro-level DCI 8K displays/monitors that JUST HAPPEN to be full-blown Hollywood-quality DCI 8K video and still photo production systems in their own right.

This I know from contacts within various land-use / property registry sections of major cities/counties in BOTH Texas and Nevada. You look for recent purchases by numbered and blandly named companies and do a cross-reference with who is acting as the agent or law firm to find out which is Apple or another technology company! There is a WHOLE INDUSTRY of people who do nothing but look at land-registry and building permit records to find out who is building what, where and when!

---

My prognostications SHOULD and MUST be taken with many grains of salt as I am reporting from MANY parties who all have their own interests at heart. There is ONLY ONE SYSTEM I can truly prognosticate on and that is only because it's sitting on my desk at the moment because I designed and coded the AUDIO/VIDEO/METADATA CODEC for it!

V

Upvote 0