Firmware: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III v1.1.0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released new firmware for the EOS-1D X Mark III.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fixes:

The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
The “Browser Remote” function has been added.
The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to “Show” in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.

Download firmware v1.1.0 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user

VisionColor

1DX Miii
Nov 15, 2018
Updated mine also. Transfer via gigabit ethernet was already much faster than my 1DX II so it will be interesting to see if there is a further noticeable increase in transfer speed (increased transfer speed via wired network is listed as one of the improvements).
I transferred couple Raw video files via usb type c and speed improvement is significant .

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Updated. Now we have 23.97 1080P
Now it just remains to be seen if that 23.98 1080 is any good, it certainly isn't the MkII's strong point.

I transferred couple Raw video files via usb type c and speed improvement is significant .
The release notes don't mention USB-C, only increased speeds over wired LAN.
"2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN."

Upvote 0

VisionColor

1DX Miii
Nov 15, 2018
Now it just remains to be seen if that 23.98 1080 is any good, it certainly isn't the MkII's strong point.

The release notes don't mention USB-C, only increased speeds over wired LAN.
"2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN."
The cable that comes with 1dx is it not usb type c? Anyways speed transfer increased i can tell u that

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
The cable that comes with 1dx is it not usb type c? Anyways speed transfer increased i can tell u that
Yes the cable that comes with the camera is a USB-C to USB-C IFC-100U Interface Cable, no that is not a LAN cable. You might think you are seeing a speed boost but that is not what Canon are saying they improved, they specifically refer to increased wired LAN speeds, that would be an Ethernet cable (no you don't get one with the camera) into the body LAN port which then normally plugs into a network switch, a router, or even a spare Ethernet port on a computer.

Upvote 0

VisionColor

1DX Miii
Nov 15, 2018
Yes the cable that comes with the camera is a USB-C to USB-C IFC-100U Interface Cable, no that is not a LAN cable. You might think you are seeing a speed boost but that is not what Canon are saying they improved, they specifically refer to increased wired LAN speeds, that would be an Ethernet cable (no you don't get one with the camera) into the body LAN port which then normally plugs into a network switch, a router, or even a spare Ethernet port on a computer.
That actually makes sence now @privatebydesign thank you for explaining it.

Upvote 0
Has anyone who had the freezing issue tested to see if this actually fixes it? Every report I read from people with that issue did not have the level activated so it doesn't seem like Canon has fixed the reported problem or didn't understand it in the first place. I guess the level problem must have been another problem but probably most 1DXIII shooters don't want an annoying level in their FOV when shooting action...I never saw any value of the level for shooting action which the 1DXIII is targeted at.

Upvote 0