CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Canon has released new firmware for the EOS 5D Mark III.</p>
<p><strong>Firmware Version 1.3.5 incorporates the following fix:</strong></p>

<ol>
<li>Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.</li>
</ol>
<p><strong><a href="https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-5d-mark-iii?subtab=downloads-firmware#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25">Download firmware v1.3.5 for the EOS 5D Mark III</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Andyx01 said:
ahsanford said:
Shocked to see the ability to use the W-E1 hasn't been unlocked yet. ::)

- A

Is 5D III expected to eventually work with the wireless adapter, or is that tong in cheek wishful thinking?

Firmly in cheek. We'll never get that.

Just speculating: apparently a 5DS (understandbly) and 7D2 (???) warranted this nice functionality, but Canon wanted 5D3 owners to get a 5D4.

It looks like the entire release of the W-E1 was to soften 'feature set envy' on what the 5D4 got that the 5DS didn't, i.e WiFi. That, I get. But why the 7D2 warranted the trouble to Canon to do the lifting on the firmware and not the 5D3 I can only chalk up to the 5D3 having a better option available in the 5D4 whereas the 7D3 was going to be a while at that time.

- A

Upvote 0