Firmware: Canon EOS RP v.1.1.0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released a minor firmware update for the brand new Canon EOS RP.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

Support for Camera Control API (CCAPI)* function, for software developers, has been added.
*HTTP-based API for camera control

Download firmware v1.1.0 for the Canon EOS RP

Order the Canon EOS RP:

Canon EOS RP Body w/EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter $1299
Canon EOS RP w/EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EG-E1 Extension Grip & Canon Mount Adapter $1699
Canon EOS RP w/RF...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/firmware-canon-eos-rp-v-1-1-0/]Continue reading...

Chavim

5D2, RP
Feb 11, 2019
dphacks.com
Wow!!! This is definitely going to accelerate the work of those Magic Lantern wizards. I think this RP is going to bring back the those 5D III Magic Lantern RAW era. Interesting!

Not sure how access to HTTP calls would help Magic Lantern hack the firmware. Can you give us more info?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

Canon's own camera connect ap is a bit weak in my opinion in comparison to DSLRcontroller for example.
As this kind of feature will be more and more important in future cameras for a lot of customers it is surely helpful when there will be more people enabled to develop apps to control the camera via WiFi. Canon doesn't seem to have the necessary manpower or people to do it on their own in a way the market expects them to do. As far as I hear the competitors do have much more capable apps available.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Chavim

5D2, RP
Feb 11, 2019
dphacks.com
I would really like to see the depth of field image stacking feature as well, but I still haven't confirmed if it can save them as raw or not.

Didn't actually shoot the files but definitely testing it later. I just looked it up in the menu and the focus bracketing function is just like exposure bracketing. The camera will save the raw files and you have to "stitch" them in post.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Chavim

5D2, RP
Feb 11, 2019
dphacks.com
Just got access to the CCAPI spec through canon's developer website. This is really cool. First thing I can think of is a script to automatically download the pictures once you connect to WiFi. I'm looking for a wifi SSD drive as we speak. Would be so awesome to connect it to the camera and back up my pictures out on the field.

Also, you can write really advanced scripts for timelapses.

Upvote 0