Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Reactions: 1 users

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Remember there’s a 1.0.5 lens firmware to install first.
Sorry, but I've read and reread instructions, I don't see that is a requirement. Here's from Canon Europe:

Quote from link: "This firmware update is for lenses equipped with firmware versions 1.0.5 or earlier. If the lens's firmware is already version 1.0.6, it is not necessary to update the firmware." (Emphasis added.)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
And I suppose the world will never know if anything has been tweaked physically for the next production run...???
With how much software is already working in the RF lenses (Focus by wire, control ring, cropping the sensor to match the image circle, and so on) I believe they would prefer to solve it on that layer rather than touch the production process.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
With how much software is already working in the RF lenses (Focus by wire, control ring, cropping the sensor to match the image circle, and so on) I believe they would prefer to solve it on that layer rather than touch the production process.
I still believe Canon was a little aggressive with the MFD claim. Really pushed it to show it is different from the EF version. For marketing. But apparently they are making it work as claimed.

Upvote 0