First Images & More Specifications for the Canon EOS 6D Mark II Leak

foo

Sep 10, 2016
Re: 6D2 photos posted, new specs as well

Bluetooth.... That's a total dealbreaker... Canon have went out ot their way to nerf this camera by adding bluetooth. The D750 doesn't have bluetooth and it's soooooo superior to anything Canon could ever do, so this MUST be deliberate nerfing on Canon's part.....

:eek: :mad: :'(

Shirley nobody is humour impaired enough to think I'm serious... but in this forum you never know :p

Upvote 0

foo

Sep 10, 2016

On a more serious note, there's probably no real surprises here, nice incremental improvements all round.

The one omission that I'd have liked to have seen would have been USB3 - I've got far too used to simple and fast downloading of images through the USB3 on the 5D4 while never having to remove the card form the camera that it's the one thing I'd likely miss the most.

Upvote 0

ahsanford said:
1) If I don't, CR guy sure as hell will. :p

2) Threads get cynical/OT/divergent by page 32 ;D and tend to winnow down to just a few regular posters. As much as a new thread might certainly will bring some screaming 4K / single slot people to the table, it will also will bring back the entire forum's attention to this -- and I kind of dig the weird observations they make on Leak Day.

- A

And I thank you.

Upvote 0

ahsanford said:
Waaaaaait a minute, I see ISO 40000 in the picture, and that's also what's in the translation from Nokis.hita.

(I see Neuro you corrected your post.)

Wow, so it will have higher native ISO limits than the 5D4? 6D1 > 5D3 sensor encore?

- A

So is it safe to say this will have a better sensor than the mark iv with the higher native ISO? That'd be awesome.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

james75 said:
ahsanford said:
Waaaaaait a minute, I see ISO 40000 in the picture, and that's also what's in the translation from Nokis.hita.

Wow, so it will have higher native ISO limits than the 5D4? 6D1 > 5D3 sensor encore?

- A

So is it safe to say this will have a better sensor than the mark iv with the higher native ISO? That'd be awesome.

just means that DIGIC 7 is a little better at NR than the DIGIC 6 processor in the 5D Mark IV. it really has no bearing on much.

JPEG's FTW.

Upvote 0

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague

james75 said:
ahsanford said:

- A

Original 6D was also a wee bit better than 5D3. So this just follows the trend :)

Upvote 0

hbr

Oct 22, 2016

LonelyBoy said:
Yes, the word "nerfing" is thrown around much too easily these days, and largely now means "this isn't the perfect camera for cheap". I'd argue that nothing on the 6D2 counts as "nerfed"; it's a continuation of the 6D1 which was very successful. It's not a video camera (being able to take video does not make it a video camera), so I wouldn't expect a headphone jack. The 6D1 had a single card slot, and 1/4000 shutter, and so on. This follows that formula and adds increased AF points, resolution, ISO, adding DPAF, and I'm sure some other improvements for a very good price.

They'll sell by the truckload to mostly very happy people, and a couple of dozen people online will keep whining.

I also don't like the term, "nerfed." It implies that Canon is playing games with its customers for a selfish motive. I don't believe that they are doing that at all. I believe Canon has a tremendous amount of experience with marketing. I believe the executives, financial people and engineers found a good money making opportunity with the 6D line and decided what features would sell and what price point would sell the most cameras. That means adding enough new technology to excite potential customers and using some pre-developed technology to lower the cost of the camera.
Do we want more features? Of course, we will always want more. Will we be somewhat disappointed if we don't see the features we want? Of course we will. But just because the camera does not have all the features I want doesn't mean that Canon is" nerfing" the camera.
A camera is just a tool to take photos. If this tool doesn't work for you, then go out and buy the tool that you need.

My 2 cents worth.

Brian

Upvote 0

Sporgon said:
No user interchangeable screen by the looks of the front pic.

Indeed, doesn't look good :(

Oh well, that might have just saved me $2000. I don't need another body but that spec list was starting to look a bit too enticing. I do need that precision focus screen though...

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada

hbr said:
LonelyBoy said:
Yes, the word "nerfing" is thrown around much too easily these days, and largely now means "this isn't the perfect camera for cheap". I'd argue that nothing on the 6D2 counts as "nerfed"; it's a continuation of the 6D1 which was very successful. It's not a video camera (being able to take video does not make it a video camera), so I wouldn't expect a headphone jack. The 6D1 had a single card slot, and 1/4000 shutter, and so on. This follows that formula and adds increased AF points, resolution, ISO, adding DPAF, and I'm sure some other improvements for a very good price.

They'll sell by the truckload to mostly very happy people, and a couple of dozen people online will keep whining.

I also don't like the term, "nerfed." It implies that Canon is playing games with its customers for a selfish motive. I don't believe that they are doing that at all. I believe Canon has a tremendous amount of experience with marketing. I believe the executives, financial people and engineers found a good money making opportunity with the 6D line and decided what features would sell and what price point would sell the most cameras. That means adding enough new technology to excite potential customers and using some pre-developed technology to lower the cost of the camera.
Do we want more features? Of course, we will always want more. Will we be somewhat disappointed if we don't see the features we want? Of course we will. But just because the camera does not have all the features I want doesn't mean that Canon is" nerfing" the camera.
A camera is just a tool to take photos. If this tool doesn't work for you, then go out and buy the tool that you need.

My 2 cents worth.
I also agree. When one throws terms like Nerfed, Crippled, or Fanboy into a conversation, they come with a lot of emotional baggage (that varies from person to person) and makes it harder to get your point across as the moment they see Nerfed, it sets a tone that usually gets associated with extreme (and often unreasonable) viewpoints that spawns even more extreme responses..... How can one recover from that?

Upvote 0