Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/11/first-round-of-eos-7d-mark-ii-specs-cr1/"></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/11/first-round-of-eos-7d-mark-ii-specs-cr1/">Tweet</a></div>
<p><strong>First EOS 7D Mark II Specs Surface

</strong>From an unknown source, a vague spec list surfaces for a new APS-C Canon EOS 7D Mark II. The person says an announcement will be coming near the end of February.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Specs</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>24.2mp APS-C Sensor</li>
<li>10.2 fps</li>
<li>Dual DIGIC V</li>
<li>Dual Card Slot (No mention of card types)</li>
<li>New Ergonomic Design</li>
<li>New Battery</li>
<li>February 2013 Announcement</li>
</ul>
<p>Since the source is a new one, take this with a grain of salt.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Sigh! A new ergonomic design? We've heard that before and ended up with an overly small camera that was difficult to hold unless you were a child. New battery might be possible considering the 1DX. A higher voltage would also help the AF speed...which isn't lacking on the E6 battery but its not the fastest with such.

Upvote 0
"New Ergonomic Design"

the 7D was pretty damn perfect (pretty sure that's why the 5D mark III is clearly modelled on it) - shouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm not sure about the increase in MP - sure it'll have an all new sensor but still - 18mp would be just fine on an upgraded sensor, no need to up it.

Upvote 0
gmrza said:
Hmm, what's wrong with the LP-E6 battery? It was kept for the 5DIII. While I doubt I will buy a 7DII, if I were too, that would be a pain - given a current collection of 8 LP-E6s, used across 3 bodies.

++1 First thing I thought as well! Say it isn't so!! Nothing wrong with the LP-E6 Battery!! I carried the same batteries with the 5Dc and 30D/40D. Then I got the 60D with the newer battery. Now I finally have battery continuity again with the 5D3 + 60D and if I got a 7D2, I would carrying two different batteries again. Come On Canon!! Aaaargh! :(

24+ MP on a crop sensor might be scary.

Hate to have a bad attitude here but based on the pricing from Canon this year, they will probably initially ask for the moon for the thing. Obviously from the deals we are seeing for the 5D3 now, the initial retail price is very inflated.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'm not going to get overly excited about CR1 specs from an "unknown source."

Reserve judgment on a sensor until real specs and results are known (probably won't know that until several months after the announcement). Consensus on this forum seems to be that noise and dynamic range improvements are more important than the number of pixels. Absent a major change/breakthrough in sensor design, I would be surprised if Canon ups the pixel count of the APS-C sensor above that of its full frame offerings.

New battery is a mild disappointment, but I assume Canon would make the change because they have to for design/engineering reasons.

Please, let them keep at least one CF card slot in a dual card system.

New ergonomic design is too vague to warrant comment at this point.

All in all, I'm more excited that we are finally getting rumors about a 7DII. At this point, the content of those rumors aren't as important as the fact that there are rumors circulating.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.