Flashing AF point -1 Dx. Why ?

Dholai said:
On the 1Dx-the uppermost right corner AF point of the central set of AF points keeps flashing. What is wrong ? Do I need to send it for repair? :-[
The camera seems to be working OK and AF is not affected.
I have seen that once. I turned it off, took out the battery for 30 sec and when I powered up again it was gone.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Eldar said:
Dholai said:
On the 1Dx-the uppermost right corner AF point of the central set of AF points keeps flashing. What is wrong ? Do I need to send it for repair? :-[
The camera seems to be working OK and AF is not affected.
I have seen that once. I turned it off, took out the battery for 30 sec and when I powered up again it was gone.

And, if that does not work, do a camera reset. Cover all the easy things before sending it for repair. Try a different lens as well. Do everything that you can without taking the camera apart.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
ifp said:
That indicates a registered AF point on the 5D3. Maybe the same thing on the 1DX?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. ;D

Pressing the AF point selection and ISO button will register a point, it will blink unless you're in 61-pt auto selection mode.

Press the AF point selection and EC button (just left of the ISO button) to cancel the registered point.

Upvote 0