Flower macros

Click said:
chrysoberyl said:
Southern Slender Ladies' Tresses (Spiranthes gracilis). I didn't measure them, but the blossom openings are 2-3mm across.

Lovely shot, chrysoberyl.

Thanks, Click. I have lately gotten back into macro. This was taken with a 5D IV + Milvus 100mm + 56mm extension tubes.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Thank you Chrysoberyl for your comments.
I googles the name you provided. Looks like, indeed, it is "Dianthus Armeria," common name Deptford Pink. Thanks for the pointer.
-r

chrysoberyl said:
lion rock said:
I shot some.
-r

Very nice. The first is a Deptford Pink? The third one is nicely detailed.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I noticed that the crocuses just below the bushes in front of my house are in bloom. So just after 4:00 this afternoon I put the 100mm macro lens on my 6D2 and took some hand-held shots, using the flippy screen to compose them. I think I like this one the best:

crocus.jpg

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Click said:
Nicely done, stevelee.

Thanks. I rarely use autofocus with that lens, particularly when shooting a macro distances. I had noticed the flowers right before lunch, but had promised a neighbor that I would take her for a doctor's appointment, so it was almost 4pm before we got back and I finally had a chance to try some pictures. I was about to lose the sunlight on the flowers, and so I felt I didn't have time to set up a tripod and work on things so near the ground and manually focus and control depth of field. I decided to press my luck, and got several shots that were surprisingly good. This one seems to me to have the parts in focus I would have picked had I worked at it. My limited experience with the 6D2 suggests that its autofocus system is excellent.

Upvote 0