Flowers and other Flora

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
I really should dive down into the depths of my hard drive, I believe there are a few floral shots that needs a bit of processing and perhaps they even deserve to be posted. For now, here's two I took 3 months ago.
1st one is a borderline close-up / macro of a flower most of us (including me) normally just pass by. What it is? I have no clue, but it looked nice and interesting when I stuck me head near it.

Upvote 0
Trying out Topaz' new Impression software which gives a 'painterly' effect to photographs. Not something I'd use a lot but it does produce some interesting results.

1. Original cropped photo of sunflower
2. Same photo uncropped and with Impression applied

Attachments

• _MG_0253_DxO.jpg
    _MG_0253_DxO.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 414
  • _MG_0253.jpg
    _MG_0253.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
DominoDude said:
dpc said:
Wild lilac bush
I'm actually more interested in the building that tries to hide behind the trees. Have you posted any shots of that? It seems to be craving some serious shots of it.

Unfortunately, the building does detract from the intended subject of the Lilac.

Upvote 0
DominoDude said:
dpc said:
Wild lilac bush
I'm actually more interested in the building that tries to hide behind the trees. Have you posted any shots of that? It seems to be craving some serious shots of it.

There are a couple of landscape pictures that include the hotel (Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton National Park, AB) in the Mountains, Lakes and Rivers thread.

Upvote 0