Flowers and other Flora

FramerMCB said:
One of my favorite subjects this thread is covering! Delightful images, all!
Here's a few of mine that I'm especially proud of... the images were all shot in June of 2014 on a mostly cloudy/misty day on Silver Star Mountain in SW Washinton state (about 45 minutes northeast of Vancouver, Washington. A beautiful, but not too easy location to drive and then hike to, but I highly recommend if you live anywhere near hear to go. In the 40's or 50's a wildfire burned off most of the trees here and they never grew back - leaving acres and acres of wildflowers. The best time is late June and thru July (depending on how hard the winter was; snowfall, etc.) If you hike all the way to the top (where there are remnants of an old fire lookout) you will be blessed with the highest 360 degree view that's within an hour's drive of Portland, Oregon. The summit is 4400' (approx.). And when it's clear out, one can see Mt Hood, Mt Adams, Mt St. Helens, Mt Rainier, Mt Baker, and Mt Shuksan. Just incredible scenery and topography - you're in the heart of the Cascade mountain range here so...
Nice pictures, FramerMCB.

Upvote 0
dpc said:
:)
index.php

index.php
Lovely pictures, Dpc.

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
There were no birds to test out my 400, and then I thought of Dien and shot these. Another dull, wet, windy day. Shot ISO 1250 560mm cropped to about 1/4 since they were rather far.

Jack
Lovely shots, Jack. I see your feeling embedded in the quite romantic composition of the shots. 560mm gives quite creamy bokeh and sharp subjects. Shoot more plants upon absence of birds.
Cheers, Dien

Upvote 0