Flowers and other Flora

Jack Douglas said:
index.php

Well, since I got away with it last time I thought I'd post an update to my planter as another "flower shot". ;)

This has turned into a small nightmare since today I was working with outside temperatures around 2C and it was windy and not much sun. :(

Remaining (if you have an imagination) is some mountain peaks and their reflection in the water below. I only have the bluish granite that represents the water flowing under the bridge. Yes that's supposed to be a bridge! Cutting granite to a fine point is ...... a pain, since it almost always fractures. The planter should have been "trued up" but I was careless and so there is a little unevenness to the surface that I'll have to polish down in places - ugh.

There, now I feel better. Hopefully I have some sympathy from CR members. :'(

Jack
Truly amazing. What a fantastic achievement! Certainly a lot of complexity in it. Now, I know why you have complained about your backache. Well done and hope that you can now get some well-earned rest over the weekend.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Ok Jack.
As no one else was giving any, you have my sympathy for having to work outside in 2 celsius temperatures with wind and not much sun, you have my sympathy for your backache, and not being able to spend much time on your photography, but wow, what a scene you have created there, truly fabulous. I think after that you deserve to take some time with your new cameras, yes one of each that you want (I think you have earned at least two) and go take some shots before the snow.
I can only imagine the patience you have needed to cut that lot to fit and look how you wanted it. Well done sir.

Cheers, Graham.

Jack Douglas said:
Well, since I got away with it last time I thought I'd post an update to my planter as another "flower shot". ;)

This has turned into a small nightmare since today I was working with outside temperatures around 2C and it was windy and not much sun. :(

Remaining (if you have an imagination) is some mountain peaks and their reflection in the water below. I only have the bluish granite that represents the water flowing under the bridge. Yes that's supposed to be a bridge! Cutting granite to a fine point is ...... a pain, since it almost always fractures. The planter should have been "trued up" but I was careless and so there is a little unevenness to the surface that I'll have to polish down in places - ugh.

There, now I feel better. Hopefully I have some sympathy from CR members. :'(

Jack

Upvote 0
joe_r said:
After seeing the beautiful work by npdien and others, I realized that maybe I should take a step back once in a while and not do such close ups and abstract shots all the time. Here's one attempt I was pretty happy with:

End of Summer by Joe, on Flickr

Very nice! Love the colours and composition. :)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
joe_r said:
After seeing the beautiful work by npdien and others, I realized that maybe I should take a step back once in a while and not do such close ups and abstract shots all the time. Here's one attempt I was pretty happy with:

End of Summer by Joe, on Flickr

Exactly what entered my head a while back. In fact that's my goal now with other subjects such as birds. Not everyone wants to see a sterile clinical shot of a subject for science purposes. I've at least gotten that into my head. Neither are very predictable good poses always great either. It comes down to originality and being willing to step out of the box. So I seem to know this but why can't I do it! :(

Nice shot!

For those of you sympathizing with my planter project and sore back, thanks truly. This one example is a snapshot of my whole life of similar projects. Once a fool always a fool.

Jack

Upvote 0