Flowers and other Flora

Jack,
I edited out a bit of your statements, but left the key points are intact.
"Originality" and "different than the masses." Those are what we should strive to do. I have a friend who works as a newspaper photographer who invited me to my school's football game and he said I should take "art" photo of the game! I guess we should try his suggestion. Any idea how, Jack?
On the other hand, photos are a records of what we want to see, can we take a real scene and convert it artistically?
I struggle.

Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have "why didn't I do it another way" moments. I still think you make the planter were well. I guess you've made it artistically, really!
-r

Jack Douglas said:
In fact that's my goal now with other subjects such as birds. Not everyone wants to see a sterile clinical shot of a subject for science purposes. It comes down to originality and being willing to step out of the box. So I seem to know this but why can't I do it! :(

Nice shot!

For those of you sympathizing with my planter project and sore back, thanks truly. This one example is a snapshot of my whole life of similar projects. Once a fool always a fool.

Jack

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi dpc.
Nice shot of what I have found to be quite a difficult subject to get a shot that looks good. In anther post you mentioned the first snow, I hope this farmer got his wheat in before the snow.

Cheers, Graham.

dpc said:
Ripe wheat field last week... 8)

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
joe_r said:
After seeing the beautiful work by npdien and others, I realized that maybe I should take a step back once in a while and not do such close ups and abstract shots all the time. Here's one attempt I was pretty happy with:

End of Summer by Joe, on Flickr

Exactly what entered my head a while back. In fact that's my goal now with other subjects such as birds. Not everyone wants to see a sterile clinical shot of a subject for science purposes. I've at least gotten that into my head. Neither are very predictable good poses always great either. It comes down to originality and being willing to step out of the box. So I seem to know this but why can't I do it! :(

Nice shot!

For those of you sympathizing with my planter project and sore back, thanks truly. This one example is a snapshot of my whole life of similar projects. Once a fool always a fool.

Jack
You're right, Jack. While the main subject of a photo should be in focus, we are not always required to create nature photos that are anatomically detailed from side to side but miss the artistic lines, forms, shapes, colors, textures, patterns and lighting therein.
Cheers, Dien

Upvote 0
joe_r said:
After seeing the beautiful work by npdien and others, I realized that maybe I should take a step back once in a while and not do such close ups and abstract shots all the time. Here's one attempt I was pretty happy with:

End of Summer by Joe, on Flickr

Hi Joe_r. It's great to know you are inspired to make such an interesting change to your photographic style, resulting in such impressive photo. I like the contrast between the colors, the background and the diagoal lines in the picture.
Cheers, Dien

Upvote 0
dpc said:
Roses...
index.php

index.php
Very nice rose pictures, Dpc.

Upvote 0