Flowers and other Flora

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Very nice pictures, ISv.

The last tropical storm must have caused a lot of damage to plants and flowers on the island.

Thanks Click, the damage was mostly on Maui and the smaller islands next to it (probably the very west of the Big Island too) - they got the real hit! Here it came weak, some fallen trees in the mountains and may be small landslides also there (unpopulated areas BTW).

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
ISv,
Nice shots.
Recognize the weed of the 2nd photo. We have lots in the neighbourhood. Grows tall.
Don't know the flower of the 1st photo. But very pretty.
Hope to see more from you.
-r

Thanks Riley!
You probably have different species there - these are usually not more more than 30-50cm tall, several different species around.
The flower on the first photo is Justicia (Schaueria) flavicoma - Golden Plume. And how do I know this? - botanical garden with handy small explanations next to the plants:p! Not new plant photos here - from the attached the first one is pic from the last year but it reflex well the recent situation around. The second one is new but fungi are not plants... A lot of croping and still bigger than 1 KB (thanks CR for accepting these two:love:)! These are not what I save for myself!DSC_1772_DxO.jpgDSC_0242_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nice pictures, ISv.
smile.png

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
ISv,
Must fly high :sick:.
-r

Hi Riley!
If it's a hint for hallucinogenic mushroom - no, it is not. This is Volvariella gloiocephala (I have no idea what is the common name). It is very similar to the Paddy Straw mushroom that is cultivated in SE Asia (you may have it canned in the supermarkets as we do). Edible but of very low quality.

Upvote 0