Flowers and other Flora

'Flora' is definitely not my usual fare, so I'm in a learning phase, but lockdown is limiting the shooting choices at the moment, and I did have some planned work using this technique later in the year, so decided to get a little practice in today.

Two high(ish) key photos of garden flowers here in spring-time in Yorkshire - an aquilegia and a corn flower - shot using a background flash to produce the white background.

Very much a practice - so anyone with some experience of this technique, please feel free to share any tips.

Cheers

Aquilegia (794).jpg

Corn Flower (822).jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
'Flora' is definitely not my usual fare, so I'm in a learning phase, but lockdown is limiting the shooting choices at the moment, and I did have some planned work using this technique later in the year, so decided to get a little practice in today.

Two high(ish) key photos of garden flowers here in spring-time in Yorkshire - an aquilegia and a corn flower - shot using a background flash to produce the white background.

Very much a practice - so anyone with some experience of this technique, please feel free to share any tips.

Cheers

View attachment 190366

View attachment 190367
Very nice and quite different !

Upvote 0