Forum UI changes

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
Could you please change the Canon Rumors watermark which is being added behind quoted text. It is very distracting and makes the quoted text borderline unreadable.

Attached is what it look like on my screen. (running Chrome)

I've also added another another image where I compare current 100 opacity to 50% opacity.

Attachments

• Current.jpg
    Current.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 228
  • Proposal.jpg
    Proposal.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 558
FF on Win7 running here. AdBlocker Plus, Ghostery, NoScript and Self-Destructing Cookies added. I don't see what StudentOfLight is reporting.

I would appreciate, though, if the dark red color on brownish background was changed to something with a bit more contrast. My colorblindness makes it really hard to see the links ala "Show new relies to your posts".

Upvote 0

StudentOfLight

Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
Corydoras said:
Do you have a script blocker enabled? That might cause those problems.
I have Adblock installed but I've disabled it and it doesn't resolve the issue. It's weird, I've never seen this before.
Was there a website change or not? I've never seen this CR watermark on quotes before today. Is it supposed to be there and if so, what is it supposed to look like? Would be helpful if someone posted a screen-shot. from any thread where there is quoted text.

p.s. thanks for everyone who's trying to help

Upvote 0

rs

Dec 29, 2012
UK
StudentOfLight said:
Corydoras said:
Do you have a script blocker enabled? That might cause those problems.
I have Adblock installed but I've disabled it and it doesn't resolve the issue. It's weird, I've never seen this before.
Was there a website change or not? I've never seen this CR watermark on quotes before today. Is it supposed to be there and if so, what is it supposed to look like? Would be helpful if someone posted a screen-shot. from any thread where there is quoted text.

p.s. thanks for everyone who's trying to help
It's the same as it's always been. Try another browser or device to make sure the cache and all plugins are bypassed?

Upvote 0
StudentOfLight said:
I resolved the issue with Adblock Plus. Specifically blocked the troublesome (for me) file: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/Themes/inferno/images/theme/quote.png

Odd. My quote.png looks like the below "beginning-quote":

Attachments

• quote.png
    quote.png
    251 bytes · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
kaihp said:
StudentOfLight said:
I resolved the issue with Adblock Plus. Specifically blocked the troublesome (for me) file: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/Themes/inferno/images/theme/quote.png

Yes, that's what I see as well. Clearly something corrupted on the OP's system.

Upvote 0

StudentOfLight

Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
neuroanatomist said:
kaihp said:
StudentOfLight said:

Yes, that's what I see as well. Clearly something corrupted on the OP's system.
Yes, when I open the png in an incognito tab then it looks like the open quotation mark symbol. I tried clearing cache in chrome as well as reinstalling the browser but neither worked so I blocked the element with AdBlock. The png doesn't add any value to the forums so I have no issue blocking it.

Upvote 0