Four More Unreleased Canon Lenses Have Shown Up for Certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
We reported a few days ago that Canon may be announcing two “professional” lenses ahead of Photokina, along with the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 and a new “kit” lens.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.nokishita-camera.com/2018/06/4.html">Nokishita has uncovered</a> 4 unreleased Canon lenses that have been found at a Russian certification agency.</p>
<p><strong>The four unreleased lenses have the following SKU’s:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>3045C005AA</li>
<li>2959C005AA</li>
<li>2963C005AA</li>
<li>2972C005AA</li>
</ul>
<p>One of these is definitely the EF-M 32mm f/1.4, but we’re not sure what the other three are at this time. <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/updated-ef-24-70mm-f-2-8l-ii-on-the-horizon-cr1/">We’ve heard rumors of a new EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens</a>, perhaps with IS, other than that, we have nothing worth reporting at this time.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jan 22, 2012
tron said:
art sanchez said:
Any new hint on the rumored 17 ts-e replacement?
Do you have it and are disappointed by it for some reason? Or you just want a replacement for the replacement?

You think you are funny or just being rude? I think this forum like today's social media could do with politeness. This question is either a typo or he is misinformed. A polite reply would be better.

Upvote 0
slclick said:
tmc784 said:
I am waiting for the 5DV with IBIS :)

Like many, many , many have said before, it will be a long wait.

Just buy the 5D IV and enjoy. If there is going to be a 5D series camera in the foreseeable future, it will be a replacement for DS/DSR, not the IV that's a long way off 2021/2022 based on recent releases.

Upvote 0
Jun 9, 2017
Although I rarely mention that wish but slowly I am beginning to chime in with ahsanford for a 50 mm f/2 IS USM (or f/1.4, although I would assume that would be a L lens then).
My 50 mm 1.4 USM makes wonderful pictures... but some of them are just not sharp, even in the middle regions of the field of view.
I understand that this is what gives those pictures that magical and dreamy bokeh effect and character but sometimes that really disturbs me a bit. The plane of focus is just not flat enough in particular situations, some kind of field of curvature effect combined with some other aberrations may be (or my copy is just slightly decentered as it appears to occur on the right hand side of the center 'most often' ;D). The sharpness - when it is sharp - is still sufficient for 6D mk II as far as I am concerned... at least going from f/2.2/2.5 and upwards.

So a 1.4 with updated optics and IS, as well as modern USM, would be a hell of an upgrade. For a good performance L lens I would even pay like ~1000€, waiting for rebate + cashback included. However, I would prefer a non L lens with f/1.4 or f/2 without the premium cash 'L' added to it.

Looking forward. My guts say, at latest next year we will see the announcement of a new 50 mm lens ::) (or not).

Cheers

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Yasko said:
Although I rarely mention that wish but slowly I am beginning to chime in with ahsanford for a 50 mm f/2 IS USM (or f/1.4, although I would assume that would be a L lens then).

I'm sure a 50mm f/1.4L IS USM is on the way (read: in a couple of years), as Canon makes an 85mm f/1.4L IS USM, and every major competitor has made an uber 50mm f/1.4.

As for non-L FF primes, my money is on a 50mm f/1.4 IS USM & 85mm f/1.8 IS USM not coming out, due to

1. The upgrade frenzy is over, and the market returned to it's usual pace.

2. non-L 50mm f/1.4 & 85mm f/1.8 IS would compete too closely with L IS lenses of same focal length,

3. Canon hasn't released non-L FF primes any since '12 (40mm f/2.8, 24-28-35mm f/2[.8] IS).

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
BeenThere said:
One could be a new mount kit lens to include with the new FF mirrorless coming at Photokina. Maybe a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8, although Canon usually likes to put zooms in the kit, so more likely a new 24-70.

Is it likely that we'd see the lenses go in for certification before the new body does?

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
jolyonralph said:
bf said:
That 70-200 f2.8 refreshment, which was identical to the version before, says to me that Canon has already perfected their EF glass.

Cue 50mm f/1.4 comment in 3...2...1... :)
Here you go:
Yasko said:
My 50 mm 1.4 USM makes wonderful pictures... but some of them are just not sharp, even in the middle regions of the field of view.
I understand that this is what gives those pictures that magical and dreamy bokeh effect and character but sometimes that really disturbs me a bit. The plane of focus is just not flat enough in particular situations, some kind of field of curvature effect combined with some other aberrations may be (or my copy is just slightly decentered as it appears to occur on the right hand side of the center 'most often' ;D). The sharpness - when it is sharp - is still sufficient for 6D mk II as far as I am concerned... at least going from f/2.2/2.5 and upwards.

So a 1.4 with updated optics and IS, as well as modern USM, would be a hell of an upgrade. For a good performance L lens I would even pay like ~1000€, waiting for rebate + cashback included. However, I would prefer a non L lens with f/1.4 or f/2 without the premium cash 'L' added to it.

Looking forward. My guts say, at latest next year we will see the announcement of a new 50 mm lens ::) (or not).

Cheers

Antono Refa said:
Yasko said:

I'm sure a 50mm f/1.4L IS USM is on the way (read: in a couple of years), as Canon makes an 85mm f/1.4L IS USM, and every major competitor has made an uber 50mm f/1.4.

As for non-L FF primes, my money is on a 50mm f/1.4 IS USM & 85mm f/1.8 IS USM not coming out, due to

1. The upgrade frenzy is over, and the market returned to it's usual pace.

2. non-L 50mm f/1.4 & 85mm f/1.8 IS would compete too closely with L IS lenses of same focal length,

3. Canon hasn't released non-L FF primes any since '12 (40mm f/2.8, 24-28-35mm f/2[.8] IS).

BeenThere said:
One could be a new mount kit lens to include with the new FF mirrorless coming at Photokina. Maybe a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8, although Canon usually likes to put zooms in the kit, so more likely a new 24-70.

Since everyone is chiming in about new 50mm fast lens, I would also like to see a update to 180mm L macro and a new EF 50 or 60mm Macro lenses.

Upvote 0
tron said:
art sanchez said:
Any new hint on the rumored 17 ts-e replacement?
Do you have it and are disappointed by it for some reason? Or you just want a replacement for the replacement?

I cannot speak for the original poster, but I have one that I use professionally for indoors and architecture photography. The lens is perfect for me on every account except one : flare resistance. The lens flares like mad in any situation where the light source is in the frame (in interior photography, that's almost always), and is a pain in the butt to correct in post. I love the lens, but it's flare has wasted many hours of post production.

So yes, I would love to see a new 17 TS-E with improved coatings, it would save me a lot of time in front of my screen. I hope it answers your question.

Upvote 0