Frost on the window

DominoDude

EOS 6D MK II
Feb 7, 2013
::1
It's cool to see all these old Nikon shots and the extensive use of filters. Sure you are in the right forum?

tolusina

EOS 7D MK II
Mar 1, 2012
DominoDude said:
It's cool to see all these old Nikon shots and the extensive use of filters. Sure you are in the right forum?
She might be about to jump ship..........

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hello FFN!

Lovely photo, almost like a painting.
Out of curiosity: can you recall, how the angle of light was? (about 30°, 45°, etc.)
Thank you for sharing.

FFN

Visit www.MudbrookPhoto.Com
Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
Maximilian said:
Hello FFN!

Lovely photo, almost like a painting.
Out of curiosity: can you recall, how the angle of light was? (about 30°, 45°, etc.)
Thank you for sharing.
Thank you EVERYone for the kind comments. Here is another shot from this AM @ -12F.

FFN

Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
Jack Douglas said:
BTW that is indeed a very impressive frost photo and having only semi-seriously ever tried a few, and just recently, I'd love to hear how it's done. Here's one of my attempts.

Jack
Jack,

It is best to shoot the window in the AM or PM with the sun at a low angle to the side. If you have tripod or camera that does in-camera HDR, take 3-5 shots and merge them in PS into a single HDR photo. Then adjust the colors/temp/brightness/contrast to suit. Use artistic filters in PS to make it look more like a painting.

FFN

Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
FFN said:
Jack Douglas said:
BTW that is indeed a very impressive frost photo and having only semi-seriously ever tried a few, and just recently, I'd love to hear how it's done. Here's one of my attempts.

Jack
Jack,

It is best to shoot the window in the AM or PM with the sun at a low angle to the side. If you have tripod or camera that does in-camera HDR, take 3-5 shots and merge them in PS into a single HDR photo. Then adjust the colors/temp/brightness/contrast to suit. Use artistic filters in PS to make it look more like a painting.
Jack,

Here is an edit of your shot that I made in PS along the lines I described - except the HDR stuff.

Attachments

FFN

Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
jannatul18 said:
Its a beautiful painting. Which platform have you used for this? Looking forward to see more of your works here :)
Most of my images at MudbrookPhoto.Com are the result of a multi step process: 1) HDR stack of 3 shots, 2) contrast, color, saturation, sharpening and Levels adjustments in PSCC, 3) Filter Forge for artsy stuff.