Frost on the window

FFN

Visit www.MudbrookPhoto.Com
Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
Jack Douglas said:
BTW that is indeed a very impressive frost photo and having only semi-seriously ever tried a few, and just recently, I'd love to hear how it's done. Here's one of my attempts.

Jack

Jack,

It is best to shoot the window in the AM or PM with the sun at a low angle to the side. If you have tripod or camera that does in-camera HDR, take 3-5 shots and merge them in PS into a single HDR photo. Then adjust the colors/temp/brightness/contrast to suit. Use artistic filters in PS to make it look more like a painting.

Upvote 0

FFN

Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
FFN said:
Jack Douglas said:
BTW that is indeed a very impressive frost photo and having only semi-seriously ever tried a few, and just recently, I'd love to hear how it's done. Here's one of my attempts.

Jack

Jack,

It is best to shoot the window in the AM or PM with the sun at a low angle to the side. If you have tripod or camera that does in-camera HDR, take 3-5 shots and merge them in PS into a single HDR photo. Then adjust the colors/temp/brightness/contrast to suit. Use artistic filters in PS to make it look more like a painting.

Jack,

Here is an edit of your shot that I made in PS along the lines I described - except the HDR stuff.

Attachments

• Frost_1_way_mirror_23843.JPG_thumb.jpg
    Frost_1_way_mirror_23843.JPG_thumb.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0

FFN

Feb 26, 2015
www.mudbrookphoto.com
jannatul18 said:
Its a beautiful painting. Which platform have you used for this? Looking forward to see more of your works here :)

Most of my images at MudbrookPhoto.Com are the result of a multi step process: 1) HDR stack of 3 shots, 2) contrast, color, saturation, sharpening and Levels adjustments in PSCC, 3) Filter Forge for artsy stuff.

Upvote 0