Fuji X10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really followed the high end compact market much but a 28-113 lens with F/2-2.8 and manual zoom seems like a significant upgrade on what we've seen before.

Can't say I know much about compact either sensors, this ones a bit larger than the Canon G series and Panasonic isnt it?

Add those two together and might this be one of the first compact zooms with useble narrow DOF, I.E. not having to get ultra close.

Upvote 0
Well, it's great to have a retro-look, high-end compact in the market. As an owner of the x100, I envy the x10 for its zoom, but other than that, I'd prefer to keep my hybrid viewfinder :p

Again, I'm waiting to see how good the x10's view finder is when compared to the G12's...

However, if I remember from rumors earlier, there should be another Fuji camera to be released this year... maybe a m43 body with an optical viewfinder. That would be nice...

Upvote 0
Jun 3, 2011
The X10 has finally popped up in my Dutch pricewatch for EUR 599 (about USD 827).
Redcoon offers it for EUR 516 (USD 712), I've sent them a mail asking for delivery dates.
Adorama lists it for USD 600 and initial delivery "start of November" so hopefully we get them soon.

If I like the camera I might also get an X100.
Does anybody know the difference between EU and non-EU models?

Upvote 0
T

thejoyofsobe

ronderick said:
Well, it's great to have a retro-look, high-end compact in the market. As an owner of the x100, I envy the x10 for its zoom, but other than that, I'd prefer to keep my hybrid viewfinder :p

Again, I'm waiting to see how good the x10's view finder is when compared to the G12's...

However, if I remember from rumors earlier, there should be another Fuji camera to be released this year... maybe a m43 body with an optical viewfinder. That would be nice...
Kai's had his review up for almost a week.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalRevCom#p/u/1/GdI_bjQrhX8

and of course the Camera Store reviewed a pre-production model last month
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjUuDcn0DSQ

judging by the published timeline Fuji's set to release a mirrorless body set above the X10 sometime early next year. as such it's likely at least APS-C. The only other camera set to be released is the small sensor, mirrorless superzoom X-Si which is styled like a traditional DSLR body without an interchangeable lens.

Upvote 0
P

PaulRivers

I think the Olympus xz-1 looks like a better camera vs the x10 (as long as you shoot raw which I always do anyways) -
1. Exact same zoom range
2. xz-1 has slightly better lens specs (f2.5 at the long end of the zoom vs f2.8)
3. xz-1's lens is already review to be very sharp, and much sharper than the competition (including the lx5) in the corners
4. the x10's retail price is $100 more than the xz-1's

Upvote 0
P

PaulRivers

unfocused said:
PaulRivers said:
I think the Olympus xz-1 looks like a better camera vs the x10

Except they forgot to give it a viewfinder. That's a non-starter for me.

You're certainly welcome to your own opinion and requirements - for sure.

For completeness, I would just point out that -
1. You can buy an EVF for the xz-1
2. As I understand it, the x10's optical viewfinder is like most compact cameras viewfinders - 85% coverage so not 100% coverage, parallax errors (center is not center) as you zoom, doesn't look through the lens (unlike a dslr), no shooting info displayed in it like on a dslr so you still need the back screen for manual settings, etc etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.