Further confirmation that the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS are coming in September

Photo Hack

Hi there
Apr 8, 2019
Just a friendly PSA to event photographers (really anyone who values their work).

Local photographer we know (not on a personal level) in Madison, WI area just had Her gear stolen after a wedding. I don’t know if it was during or after, but she’s stated that all of the wedding coverage is gone.

We swap out 16gb SD cards throughout the day on our Mark IVs and keep them separate from our gear and leave large 64gb CF cards in camera.

One simple act of swapping cards and keeping them on her person or other safe spot could’ve saved her $3,000 or more. I know her prices start higher than that, but safe to assume most wedding photographers here are charging this much.

Hoping she has insurance on her gear and some sort of indemnification coverage. Bitter pill to swallow if she doesn’t as the gear list she says was stolen is over $15k.

If you use a single slot, back it up periodically. Keep the backups and originals separate. Personally not a workflow I want to go through anymore, hard to manage 4 cameras or more through a whole day when we often go without any meaningful breaks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Photo Hack

Hi there
Apr 8, 2019
Also be careful who you hire or contract. The last time someone local had their gear stolen, it was eventually found out to be the second shooter who stole it. Yeah, not relevant to this thread but a “pro” body with two slots is talked about more often than not.

So even if you’re using two slots, keeping both in camera only isn’t best practice in my opinion.

Upvote 0