FutBall / Soccer / Football (with 7DII)

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
TexPhoto said:
I had a chance to shoot from the field for a Canada vs. Puerto Rico game. Like most sports in Puerto Rico, it's played at night. The 7DII did very well.
Those are some nice photos. I especially like the second and the last photo in the first series. Nice result for 3200iso and 1/1000. The sigma is doing great. I see you switched between that one and the 70-200 f/2.8 IS II. Is the sigma to heavy to handheld the whole game? Or did you use a monopod?

Upvote 0
candyman said:
TexPhoto said:
I had a chance to shoot from the field for a Canada vs. Puerto Rico game. Like most sports in Puerto Rico, it's played at night. The 7DII did very well.
Those are some nice photos. I especially like the second and the last photo in the first series. Nice result for 3200iso and 1/1000. The sigma is doing great. I see you switched between that one and the 70-200 f/2.8 IS II. Is the sigma to heavy to handheld the whole game? Or did you use a monopod?

Thanks! The Sigma has been great, but the OS is giving me problems. It is jumpy, and I was not using it here. (the OS)

This was my first soccer game in a while, and I wanted to try some different options. I was using the Sigma on a monopod, and prefer this for any heavy lens. At halftime I went back to the car, swapped the Sigma for my trusty 400 and 70-200. After thinking about it, I've come to realize both options are great. The Sigma is a great range for the middle 50% of the field, this also let's you use your 2nd body on something shorter for close to the goal photos.

The traditional 400 & 70-200 combo is longer and wider, but much less portable.

Upvote 0