FutBall / Soccer / Football

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Greg.
I think you (and others on this forum) are too quick to write their shots down to luck, following the game, having the camera set right, pointing in the right direction etc are all planning (skill), the luck comes from someone actually making that kick, it being in front of you (unless you were a roaming press photographer and not a spectator tied to a seat) and the crowd reacting like they did. Accept it Greg, there was some skill involved! :) :)

Cheers, Graham.

gregorywood said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Gregory.
Nice shot, absolutely incredible timing. How do you top that though?

Cheers, Graham.

gregorywood said:
This is one of my personal favorites. I shoot a lot of soccer, both pro games (FC Dallas) and Select League (my kid's team games).

Thanks, Graham. It was really a case of having the camera pointed in the right place at the right time and catching one frame in a series of several that caught the moment. I wish I could say it was a carefully planned shot, but it was mostly luck after having the camera settings all right (or as right as the could be for a night game). What I love most about the shot is the wall of onlookers behind the play and their expressions - especially the guy with his mouth open and hand on his head.

Cheers, Greg

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Valvebounce said:
Hi Greg.
I think you (and others on this forum) are too quick to write their shots down to luck, following the game, having the camera set right, pointing in the right direction etc are all planning (skill), the luck comes from someone actually making that kick, it being in front of you (unless you were a roaming press photographer and not a spectator tied to a seat) and the crowd reacting like they did. Accept it Greg, there was some skill involved! :) :)

Cheers, Graham.

gregorywood said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Gregory.

Cheers, Graham.

gregorywood said:
This is one of my personal favorites. I shoot a lot of soccer, both pro games (FC Dallas) and Select League (my kid's team games).

Thanks, Graham. It was really a case of having the camera pointed in the right place at the right time and catching one frame in a series of several that caught the moment. I wish I could say it was a carefully planned shot, but it was mostly luck after having the camera settings all right (or as right as the could be for a night game). What I love most about the shot is the wall of onlookers behind the play and their expressions - especially the guy with his mouth open and hand on his head.

Cheers, Greg

The better prepared you are, it seems the luckier you get;) That includes having an understanding of the game and being able to read the play = you'll generally have the camera pointing in the right direction at the right time.

Upvote 0
Roo said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Greg.

Cheers, Graham.

gregorywood said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Gregory.

Cheers, Graham.

gregorywood said:

Cheers, Greg

The better prepared you are, it seems the luckier you get;) That includes having an understanding of the game and being able to read the play = you'll generally have the camera pointing in the right direction at the right time.

True statements. I sometimes forget all that I have learned because I'm too focused on how much I still don't know.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the constructive comments.

Upvote 0