G15 & S110 reviews posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only G15 didn't take-out the ISO wheel and the articulated screen, I might consider upgrading. True, it has made some very good development in terms of sensor and lens but its performance is still comparable to my aging G11 (at least in the lower ISO). The only real advancement (a big one) for me is the lens maximum aperture. I am thinking it will be prudent for me to wait for the next G* or wait for G1X (but I'll miss macro mode so much that maybe I won't consider it) price to go down a little bit. The next G might (I hope) incorporate the very good lens of G15 + the missing articulated screen and ISO wheel (or button?). For those acquiring their first advance compact P&S, G15 or RX100 is a good choice but if we're talking of price vs performance, G15 rocks.

Canon, next time, please keep the S series the pocketable version and the G series the belt-bag version just like with G12 and S100.

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
verysimplejason said:
I am thinking it will be prudent for me to wait for the next G*

Hah! I think that elusive, perfect NextG is always somewhere over the rainbow. I've been putting it off with each new G-Series release since my very brief, underwhelming ownership of a G3. "I'll just see what the next one is like..." I've never really minded taking my FF with me.

But you know what? The G15 might be the one to tempt me...the bright lens, quicker AF and the strong high iso performance and small size. It's certainly worth a test drive.

-PW

Upvote 0
pwp said:
verysimplejason said:
I am thinking it will be prudent for me to wait for the next G*

Hah! I think that elusive, perfect NextG is always somewhere over the rainbow. I've been putting it off with each new G-Series release since my very brief, underwhelming ownership of a G3. "I'll just see what the next one is like..." I've never really minded taking my FF with me.

But you know what? The G15 might be the one to tempt me...the bright lens, quicker AF and the strong high iso performance and small size. It's certainly worth a test drive.

-PW

G11 did it for me at least at that time, a lot better than the previous G series and almost as good as G12. G15 is good enough to be a successor if only they retained the swivel screen and the extra wheel. They should have replaced it with a button just like DSLRs if they really can't add a wheel. Without the swivel screen, this G15 can be replaced with an S110 if you don't use the tunnel viewfinder that much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.