Godox Trigger Updated Firmware

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
I have two of them, one V18 and the other V20 and both work perfectly on 1DX II and 5D III. I had trouble with V19 but after sometime playing with the options I upgraded it to V20, still didn't work, then all of a sudden started working. I don't even know what did I do. I guess something was not connecting properly inside. Both work well for at least a week now.

Upvote 0
Hi Sorry only just got you message Ive been off shooting , I am getting on fine with triggers set up for each camera , I guess Godox are still refining it which is prob why its not on their own download page , and yes as long as you save a a version v18 or 19 you can just respect it and replace v20 thats what I did , I had assumed it would work with 6d but had issues with remote power control on groups , V20 seems to work fine with the M5 Just ensure you have a and earlier V to roll it back to

Upvote 0
I have just tried new v20 (beta) firmware (thanks Besisika) and here is what i learned.

On 5D mark IV TTL still overexposes, but not as much as it used to. Before my flash was always reading F8.0, regardless what my actual f-stop was, hence trying to compensate. With new firmware it reads f-stop thats set on camera, but still overexposes, by at least 3 stops. Manual has worked fine before, so, nothing new there. AF Assist lamp didnt work for me before, still doesnt.

I hope final version of firmware will fix these issues.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, there was a problem with the delivery of the 2nd XT1C that I ordered.
But it finally came it. It seems to work with the 80D. V20 shows in the menu that the TT350 zoom head should be able to control from the transmitter, but I don't got that working yet.

For all functions it seems to work.

BTW Mihazero, what lenses are you using on the 5dm4??

Upvote 0

Besisika

Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
mihazero said:
I have just tried new v20 (beta) firmware (thanks Besisika) and here is what i learned.

On 5D mark IV TTL still overexposes, but not as much as it used to. Before my flash was always reading F8.0, regardless what my actual f-stop was, hence trying to compensate. With new firmware it reads f-stop thats set on camera, but still overexposes, by at least 3 stops. Manual has worked fine before, so, nothing new there. AF Assist lamp didnt work for me before, still doesnt.

I hope final version of firmware will fix these issues.
Funny thing but (just in case you make the same mistake I did) don't forget to turn the lamp assist on. It is the furthest button on the trigger.
I use FEC to compensate for the exposure. I use spot metering and that gets the exposure very close in TTL.
Notice that when shooting at night, the lowest you can go is 1/128th of power on the AD200, but if you use TTL you can go lower than that. It surprised me but even on speedlite I have the same thing. What I mean is that learn to use the TTL as in very low power requirement that is the only way to get the low power level needed. Someone may explain why. I can't. I just tried it.

The only issue I have with my 1DX II and the V20 is that the trigger turns on automatically the modelling light (I guess because it is not the official version yet), then I have to go to the flash to remove it.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF –

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

C.Fn-05 – Enable 1/256 Power Level – [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ] (1/256 is displayed as 1/12:cool:

more tips and tricks can be found here:

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-x1-c-ttl-triggers-for-canon-announced/

here is the good one, to trigger flash unit located very close to the trigger. I had an issue triggering flash unit in flash bracket located 8" directly above the trigger:

Q: Why X1 can not trigger in near distance
A:
Please upgrade the newly version(X1C V15,X1N V16,X1S V13), long press the TEST button and turn on the power simultaneously until STATUS blink for 2 seconds,0-30m remote control can be selected.

Q:X1 work normally, why the flash will be over-exposed sometimes?
A:
If work under TTL mode, please make sure you have proceeded the test flash and double check the output of the test flash

more here:L

http://www.godox.com/EN/Q&A.html

Besisika said:
...The only issue I have with my 1DX II and the V20 is that the trigger turns on automatically the modelling light (I guess because it is not the official version yet), then I have to go to the flash to remove it.

Upvote 0

Besisika

Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
SecureGSM said:
MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF –

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

C.Fn-05 – Enable 1/256 Power Level – [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ] (1/256 is displayed as 1/12:cool:

more tips and tricks can be found here:

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-x1-c-ttl-triggers-for-canon-announced/
Oh good stuff! Thanks for letting me know.
I tried the CF05, it works on the AD600 but not the AD200 (as per Amazon Power Range: 8 F-Stops 1/1–1/128 Power)
I will try both when I get back home tonight.
So far, this trigger is very reliable
Thanks for the links as well.

Upvote 0

Besisika

Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
Thanks SecureGSM for the tips.
Modeling light from the X1T works perfectly as well. Now I am fully set. I have 0 trouble with my both triggers; TTL, assist beam, modeling light, remote power control, and I have never had a misfire. The only time I had a misfire was when my AD200 overheated, but that was a user error. I forgot I had the AD200 in the softbox and I fired like it was the AD600.

Upvote 0