Godox Witstro 360 flash with HHS

HSS Godox Witstro 360 flash with Yongnuo 622.

I bought the Adorama version of the Godox Wistro 360. For the past couple of days, I've been trying to trigger it in HSS with the Yongnuo 622 triggers. I could not get it to sync properly. I tried using my 6D and my 5Dmk3. The flash would fire, but there would always be black bars over a portion of the image, an indication that the curtain did not sync properly. Finally, on another thread on this topic that I read here, someone mentioned that they had used a PC cord to sync the 360 with the YN-622. So, I tried that and it finally worked. Has anyone else had experience on the matter? Why one earth this setup would not work, i.e. if I put the YN-622 on the hotshoe of the Godox 360, but it worked through the PC cord?

Upvote 0
I tried syncing the Godox 360 (the Adorama version, called Flashpoint Streaklight) with the Yongnuo 622. I could never get it to sync properly in HSS, I would always get black bars. I finally tried linking the Yongnuo 622 to the Godox 360 through a PC cord and it finally worked! So, when I have the YN-622 on the hotshoe, it doesn't work, it does not sync properly, either with a 6D or a 5Dmk3. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Upvote 0
I am about to buy a Godox Witstro AD360 flash, but I can't decide yet. The problem is that I have read that the Godox Cells II-C trigger does not support Canon EOS 6D, and therefore I don't know how I will get my Canon 6D to work with the AD360 if I am going to shoot HSS :(

Anyone who have tried the AD360 flash with a Canon 6D. And what did you do to get the HSS to work, what setup?

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have just bought a Godox AD 360 and started to use it with my YN-622C TX and YN-622C units.

As I read it in the forum it works well with PC Sync to PC Sync connection when I want to use it on high shutter speed. I only noticed that when I for example change the shutter speed from /2000 to /4000 it makes an effect on the flash exposure too. I made the test in a dark room so there was no ambient light. Is it normal?

I tried to make the SuperSync with my YN-622C TX on my 6D and the AD360 on the hot shoe of YN-622C but there was banding.
Can you give me tip how should I setup the timing of the YN-622C TX?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0