Golf (I think it is a sport)

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Tex.
I thought meh golf, oh well I'll give it a look.
Wow, some great shots, I like the first one, at the end of the follow through, with the grass clippings still flying.
Number 3, do those trousers come with a volume control?
Number 4, a great expression, not the often contorted (straining for a dump) face we often see on players faces.
Number 5, great timing, stunning shot.
I still think golf is a good walk spoiled, but I've never been good with a bat / club and ball!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Valvebounce said:
Hi Tex.
I thought meh golf, oh well I'll give it a look.
Wow, some great shots, I like the first one, at the end of the follow through, with the grass clippings still flying.
Number 3, do those trousers come with a volume control?
Number 4, a great expression, not the often contorted (straining for a dump) face we often see on players faces.
Number 5, great timing, stunning shot.
I still think golf is a good walk spoiled, but I've never been good with a bat / club and ball!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

Watching golf is for those who think bird photography is too exciting (or not boring enough).

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
I was always told there are only three sports, hunting (with hounds), shooting and fishing, everything else is a game.
Tin hat donned, cover taken. :eek: ;D

Cheers, Graham.

slclick said:
It's a game by definition but we'll give you a pass this time (Famous cycling vs golf, game vs sport debate in bike forums)

Love the last shot, good job!

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the responses. The tournament ended today, it was 4 days long. I shot 2-4 hours per day to avoid fatigue, and because I had house guests...

The last photo is the best of 4-5 sand trap photos. Yes, those are hard. Hard to get the ball in the photo, or not get a face covered by flying sand. I learned to switch to manual focus before the golfer hits as I had a few go soft when the camera refocused on sand. I had a few ruined by caddies walking into the shot, and one "volunteer" who poked me and explained that DSLRs were forbidden on the course. Yes, sir, but not for people wearing the photojournalist creds.

I shot with a 7D II and 5DIII despite owning a 1DX. These cameras have a silent mode. This was very important when I was close to the golfer. And I like the FF / Crop pairing.

Some from today. I think I definitely improved from day to day.

Untitled
by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

Untitled
by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

2 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

Untitled
by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

Untitled
by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

Upvote 0

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
rfdesigner said:
Last one of the first set is a great..

re sport of not, when they do it, it's sport, when I do it it's not. :eek:
It is great indeed.
RE: sport or not; it should be the opposite: when you play it - it is a sport, when someone else does it - it is a walk in a park (at least how they look like) - Just joking

Upvote 0