Google Nik Collection?

Jan 29, 2011
For me the biggest advantage of using Bridge over Lightroom is the file types it can 'see'. Lightroom is very limited in file types, for instance it can't even 'see' .PSB files, which are just PSD files over 2GB! I will often end up with print files that exceed 2GB so can't view them in LR, add in the many other image file types and extensions LR doesn't recognise makes it very limited for many applications.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
privatebydesign said:
For me the biggest advantage of using Bridge over Lightroom is the file types it can 'see'. Lightroom is very limited in file types, for instance it can't even 'see' .PSB files, which are just PSD files over 2GB! I will often end up with print files that exceed 2GB so can't view them in LR, add in the many other image file types and extensions LR doesn't recognise makes it very limited for many applications.

Good point. This is one reason I go with .tif which support up to 4GB files. I rarely hit 3GB, so far, so good.

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Seems everyone has a different approach and therefore opinion. LR is my mainstay with PS when I need it. I have found the Silver Efex in NiK to be useful for B&W conversions but use it almost exclusively in PS. I guess the presets are the reason I will go there since one of them will be close to what I am trig to achieve with a lot less effort.

As far as the other options in NIK, I have found them to be maybe a little less useful than what I can do with LR alone. FWIW, I have never had a issue reinstalling NIK whenever I have changed computers. But I don't know Google's plans.

Upvote 0
NIK COLLECTION IS FREE!!!

Starting March 1st 2016

I know this topic has not been replied to in 45+ days...but I guess since I only have so many posts...I cannot start my own Topic...so I thought I would pass this along in case anyone may be interested.

Or someone can start a topic for others to see.

Keep On Shootin!

www.google.com/nikcollection/

Upvote 0