Got me a ride in one of these...

Mikehit

EOS 5D MK IV
Jul 28, 2015
Any one had a ride in unusual transport?

On a recent holiday we had a rise in a Grumman Goose (Pacific Coastal Airlines, BC). We took off from tarmac and landed on a fjord - quite a different experience to other seaplanes we have been on. As you will see, the wing pontoon lifts up to enable it to get to the dock.

Attachments

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mike.
Fabulous, the sort of thing I would love to do.
Years ago we were in Arizona and went to lake pleasant, took a trip with Arizona Ducks (DUKWs) on the lake, they let us all have a go in the drivers seat, I was up last and had over half the trip steering it, following the captains instructions. He did get back in the seat quite quick after I asked "so what do I have to do to now I'm approaching the ramp, engage the wheel drive?" I will see if I have any shots from that trip and post one if that is ok.
That was a great experience, and sadly the next year when we went back they had gone, I think it was the year after one sunk, may have been on the River Thames. Gave them all a bad reputation. :'(

Cheers, Graham.

Mikehit said:
Any one had a ride in unusual transport?

On a recent holiday we had a rise in a Grumman Goose (Pacific Coastal Airlines, BC). We took off from tarmac and landed on a fjord - quite a different experience to other seaplanes we have been on. As you will see, the wing pontoon lifts up to enable it to get to the dock.