Groundswell?

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Being backordered only tells you that demand outstrips supply. Nikon could have produced just 2 of those lenses and have 5 on backorder. Judging from social media, there are a lot more in the field than just 2, though :)
You have provided your own answer, as you intended. There are 155 pages of 500mm PF images in just one Fredmiranda thread alone! https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1549025
If only Canon would make such a lens. I love my 400mm DO II but I can't hold it up pointing into the air for long, and I strained my shoulder hiking with it on a long holiday and now use a double sling across my chest. Those who don't go out on bird watching hikes might not appreciate the importance of light telephotos. But, there is a huge market of those who do.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
In what way am I a "naysayer"? By saying, yes, I agree that Canon will be phasing out the EF mount, but it will remain legacy tech supported for years to come? That's what I've been saying for nearly two years. And two years ago I clearly wrote in this forum that I expected a glide path, that we'd see one final 1DX and maybe one more 5D. And was met with howls of derision and hostility.

for years now you have been starting posts along the lines of 'is the mkiii lens the swansong of the EF system' and now you are quoting a deliberately provocative click-bait headline (that is actually very little to do with the content) and when people quote what Canon actually said you reply 'they only said that to pacify their EF users'.
It is not so much what you say as the tone you communicate with - you repeatedly give the impression that you want DSRL/EF to die then when challenged talk about how you are a content Canon user and see a gradual 'glide path'.
Anyone would think you are deliberately creating click-bait headline threads.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
for years now you have been starting posts along the lines of 'is the mkiii lens the swansong of the EF system' and now you are quoting a deliberately provocative click-bait headline (that is actually very little to do with the content) and when people quote what Canon actually said you reply 'they only said that to pacify their EF users'.
It is not so much what you say as the tone you communicate with - you repeatedly give the impression that you want DSRL/EF to die then when challenged talk about how you are a content Canon user and see a gradual 'glide path'.
Anyone would think you are deliberately creating click-bait headline threads.

I'm sure Canon is having frequent discussions about the future of the consumer photography part of their business...surveys, sales analysis, focus groups...No, I don't want dSLR/EF to die, but I also like to discuss what might happen. Most of us regulars on Canon Rumors have, I imagine, spent quite a bit of time and money on photography, giving much of the money to Canon. As explained earlier, I'm well into the transition to mirrorless. A lot of thought, questioning, some second guessing, and resources are involved in the transition. Canon Rumors is a great place for me to learn and express while making these decisions.

My style is my style: Nobody ever has accused me of not being blunt enough.

Don't worry, this too shall pass! Enjoy the gear you have!

Last edited:
Upvote 0