Halifax, Nova Scotia

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
SPL said:
Thanks Don! funny,..I will probably be a tourist ang go to Peggy's Cove...
How much free time will you have? If you have a couple of days you could visit Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail.... If you like day hikes, there is a wonderful hike (about two hours each way) to Cape Split in the Annapolis Valley

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
SPL said:
Thanks Don!
I'm there for a work meeting for a few days. I will have a car and plan to drive about the area. I looked at Cape Breton, that looks very nice but a bit far of a drive with the time I will have.
Never been up there, but the coastline and small little towns look to be fun to shoot!
Lunnenberg is a nice spot to wander around and fairly close to Halifax.... Might be a spot for an evening wander...

btw, if you do go to Peggy's cove, there is a reasonable restaurant where you park, you could always go for supper and wait for sunsets.....

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2014
Check out some of the Coves either side of Peggy's - Cranberry Cove, Polly's Cove. I used to dive there just after the glaciers retreated ;D The entire coastal trip down to St. Margarets Bay used to be quite picturesque. The road is very winding - it has a bend around every offshore rock that is closer than 300 ft. to the road!

Also check out the landscape north-east of Halifax: more picturesque villages, coves, lakes.

As Don Haines wrote -- stay away from Peggy's at the weekends!!! The natives used to leave town and go into town Saturdays and Sundays because Halifax would be less crowded than Peggy's those days.

Upvote 0