Hangout Vacation Gelgaudiskis 2015 (Magic Lantern RAW 60fps)

Denisas Pupka

Catching some Zzzzs...
Sep 8, 2012
UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIoP7R_Pek

This summer as well I get opportunity to visit my friends back home in Lithuania. I got very nice memories from my previous visit last year and I was happy to visit them again at Gelgaudis, at south of Neman (Nemunas) River, Lithuania. Despite bad weather we spend a wonderful time. Got some shorts memories from there. Thank you for watching ;)

Little bit about technical site. First time I used only hacked software from my Canon 5D mark III, called Magic Lantern. All videos were captured at RAW (MLV files transfered to DNG) and time-lapses were done using Silent Pictures mode from Magic Lantern.

Music by:
Jon Hopkins - The River

Denisas Pupka

Catching some Zzzzs...
Sep 8, 2012
UK
Taylorsvilledop said:
Wow! That was really neat. I didn't know that the magic Latern firmware allowed for 1080p 60fps raw.

Did you experience any issues like overheating or filming stopping?
Hy, Taylor. Thank you ;) With my cf card I can record max up to 5s. with 1080p, if I lower down little bit up to 1856×650 or lover I can get up 10 seconds of record or more. It takes a very big transfer rates, so for continuous shooting its not very easy. But magic lantern 60fps raw video is very gorgeous.

Upvote 0

Denisas Pupka

Catching some Zzzzs...
Sep 8, 2012
UK
Taylorsvilledop said:
5 seconds! guess you really gotta plan your shots well.

It does look beautiful, I have not shot with Magic Lantern before maybe I need to give it a shot.
Yap, sort of, any time shooting raw you must plan little bit or else you will run out of space. Solution: now you can also preview and delete shots which you do not like. Thanks again ;) Just give it a try. At the beginning it requires little bit practice.

PS: don't forget that even 5 seconds of 60fps, will be around 13-15 seconds of footage, when you will slow down it to 35%.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Wow!!

Very NICE!!

As soon as I finish my current video project, I'm planning to take a weekend and install ML on my 5D3...but only right now interested in shooting 24fps at 1080p.....

What CF card(s) are you using if I might ask? I"m wanting to stock up on good ones for my attempts.

Did you have a good guide for installing and using ML that you followed for install? If so, can you share links you might have had?

Thanks in advance!!

cayenne

Upvote 0