Has anyone else been shut down?

Jun 25, 2012
Canada
RGF said:
minimize the gas, trade up and show the cost. Buy less and support her dreams. She should not give them up for your hobby :)

Support HER dreams? What about a little give and take? If your spouse cares, they will support you and your hobbies as well.

From watching close friends use that philosophy I have bared witness to some of the most selfish succubuses around take advantage of their love and generosity.

Relationships are a two way street.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
R1-7D said:
RGF said:
minimize the gas, trade up and show the cost. Buy less and support her dreams. She should not give them up for your hobby :)

Support HER dreams? What about a little give and take? If your spouse cares, they will support you and your hobbies as well.

From watching close friends use that philosophy I have bared witness to some of the most selfish succubuses around take advantage of their love and generosity.

I am not saying not get support. But for the moment show you care, that your interests are not the only interests, you will get support. Takes time - depends upon how many years she has silently been simmering.

For how many years have you taken and she has given? Perhaps it is time to let her feel she is important

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
RGF said:
R1-7D said:
RGF said:

I am not saying not get support. But for the moment show you care, that your interests are not the only interests, you will get support. Takes time - depends upon how many years she has silently been simmering.

For how many years have you taken and she has given? Perhaps it is time to let her feel she is important

Honestly I don't know WHY more married couples don't have separate banking accounts.

Seems to just make sense.
You have one account both have access to...and both contribute to this for common household bills, savings, etc.

Then, each has their own private account, and each month from the community pool, each gets $$ to spend as they wish.

You can then save all you want and buy what you wish and no explanation need be given...you may save and save and save and buy a $3K lens. She may save, or just spend constantly on little things...whatever floats your boat, but neither one get to commend on what the other spends with their private "mad money".

This just seems to be a given as an easy way to do this.

I'd also say...write it up and you both sign it and agree with it. Make it formal.

C

Upvote 0