HD to DVD encoding horrible

Why is it that even REAL DVD movies look great on my 120 inch projector but when I go from HD 1080p 30fps to 480p 30fps that its looks HORRIBLE even on my 22 inch computer monitor. At both CBR and VBR. VBR min 7mb target 8mb max 9mb. 100% quality...zero compression. mpeg 2 DVD setting in premiere pro CC 2015. Same results with ulead video studio x9 but it looks a good bit better with TMPGEnc. Horrible blocks everywhere...particularly during movement. This IS NOT what DVD quality is so whats the deal. My starting quality was uncompressed hdmi out on both 1dx mk2 and c100mk 2 recorded in 422 on a atomos ninja 2. What settings am I missing or what program do I need to use.

Mar 25, 2011
I think a setting is off somewhere. My copy of Adobe Premiere is old, I've stopped with the serious video, but I recall that Initially, I was not actually getting DVD quality because the program actually created the video at a low resolution. Once I get the right resolution, its just a matter of tweaking to make small improvements.

Upvote 0