HDR Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that1guy

E

Edwin Herdman

Great stuff. Commented, but again: I think that the scene at 0:29 (blended differently) is how this is most likely to be used, if it is used extensively (otherwise I could see the normal neon-style HDR being used for effects shots...just like any other cliche wide-angle, or dolly zoom, tracking shot, whatever). I don't think standard dynamic range video is in any great trouble. This may be great for wildlife stuff, particularly in forests, however.

Upvote 0
T

that1guy

Yeah, I would tend to agree w/ you Jan. I actually thought it looked like a video game too (and for the right movie, that look could work). In this instance, I just really thought the tech and problem solving they did to do this was really cool. I did like the effect better when they toned it down and it wasn't as obvious, but of course that is how I liked the effect in still photography too. If you can't see the technique and I can focus on the image/video, then that is when I like it the best.

My guess is that it will be over used on a bunch of films for a while, and then it will be scaled back, just like other "looks" or special effects in Hollywood.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
that1guy said:
My guess is that it will be over used on a bunch of films for a while, and then it will be scaled back, just like other "looks" or special effects in Hollywood.

Yep. Look for it in a House episode near the end of Season 7, in 2-3 forthcoming indie films, and then you won't actually see it again, even if it's still being used.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.