HELP... Can anyone show me how to edit like this?

Jan 5, 2014
8
0
Hello
I love taking pictures for fun and lately have been trying to learn more about editing pictures (not going pro or making money off of this). I have watched a lot of "How To" videos on YouTube but haven't found any on how to edit pictures like the ones in this link. Can any Pro out there show me how? Thank you so much.

I shoot with 5D mark iii/ 24-70 f2.8 L mark ii// 50 mm f1.2L///

The pictures in this link is amazing and I love how the pictures were edited!!!!

http://greenweddingshoes.com/a-fun-camping-engagement-session/
 
Jan 5, 2014
8
0
Dylan777 said:
This will give you the base line: http://vsco.co/film

Minor tweaks are needed. Film 01 & 03 are quite popular for wedding pros, esp. in Vietnamese Weddings ;)

Thank you Dylan for your info. I love these kind of editing and you're right..... It is very popular with the vietnamese hahaha

I wish there is a manual where I can learn how to do it myself instead of using the VSCO set.

Thanks again.
 

Dylan777

EOS 1D MK II
Nov 17, 2011
5,515
6
TNguyen said:
Dylan777 said:
This will give you the base line: http://vsco.co/film

Minor tweaks are needed. Film 01 & 03 are quite popular for wedding pros, esp. in Vietnamese Weddings ;)

Thank you Dylan for your info. I love these kind of editing and you're right..... It is very popular with the vietnamese hahaha

I wish there is a manual where I can learn how to do it myself instead of using the VSCO set.

Thanks again.
You welcome :)

In addition to VSCO, exposure6 works really well: http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/

If you live in CA, orange county, checkout this group: http://www.pscvn.org/index.asp
 
Jan 5, 2014
8
0
Dylan777 said:
TNguyen said:
Dylan777 said:
This will give you the base line: http://vsco.co/film

Minor tweaks are needed. Film 01 & 03 are quite popular for wedding pros, esp. in Vietnamese Weddings ;)

Thank you Dylan for your info. I love these kind of editing and you're right..... It is very popular with the vietnamese hahaha

I wish there is a manual where I can learn how to do it myself instead of using the VSCO set.

Thanks again.
You welcome :)

In addition to VSCO, exposure6 works really well: http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/

If you live in CA, orange county, checkout this group: http://www.pscvn.org/index.asp
Wow those pictures are amazing! Do you love in Los Ageless as well? If you ever need a second or third shooter.... Let me know hahah I will do it for free !!!! Hahahah
 
Jan 5, 2014
8
0
privatebydesign said:
You can do that effect in Lightroom.

There are two key sections, in the Develop Module go to Tone Curve and click on the arrows next to Channels RGB, you can then split the channels, adjust the curves for the different channels and that is the core of it. The second important bit is Split Toning, play around in there with the sliders.

After that in the Basic Panel raise the contrast and clarity, and lastly play with the WB and Tone.

Here is a quick before and after using the method I just suggested in Lightroom. If you get a set of settings you like you can save them as a preset so it is just one click to make any other picture the same.

Thank you for your reply. I do use the split toning and the channels RGB but it doesn't give me the same look like the ones in the link. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
 

Dylan777

EOS 1D MK II
Nov 17, 2011
5,515
6
TNguyen said:
Dylan777 said:
TNguyen said:
Dylan777 said:
This will give you the base line: http://vsco.co/film

Minor tweaks are needed. Film 01 & 03 are quite popular for wedding pros, esp. in Vietnamese Weddings ;)

Thank you Dylan for your info. I love these kind of editing and you're right..... It is very popular with the vietnamese hahaha

I wish there is a manual where I can learn how to do it myself instead of using the VSCO set.

Thanks again.
You welcome :)

In addition to VSCO, exposure6 works really well: http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/

If you live in CA, orange county, checkout this group: http://www.pscvn.org/index.asp
Wow those pictures are amazing! Do you love in Los Ageless as well? If you ever need a second or third shooter.... Let me know hahah I will do it for free !!!! Hahahah
I live in OC. Photography is my hobby, not for living
 

pinoyplaya4life

I'm New Here
Sep 2, 2014
12
0
That couple is just too cute :) The images are attractive regardless how they are edited haha.

But looks like a lot of filter use.
 

agierke

EOS 7D MK II
Feb 23, 2012
438
0
43
Delaware
The "look" being acheived in those engagement shots has a lot more to do with the quality of light and lens choice. You cant "post produce" quality of light.

Dylan is correct that VSCO film packs were likely used to get the tinting. Applying those filters to shots that dont have good light quality wont replicate what you see in those engagement photos though.

Light, light, light and then light again. Thats the key. Then lens, exposure, composition, subject, emotion etc etc...post production is the very last thing...by a huge margin...that you should be thinking about to "replicate" the look of those photos.
 

jrista

EOL
Dec 3, 2011
5,341
23
jonrista.com
I think a big part of that "look" is the higher contrast, washed out highlights, and lower color saturation. To achieve that, you don't necessarily need light, light, light. I'd offer that the lighting of the examples posted by the OP was far from great...I think post processing played a big role in the final look and feel. Not to say that you should be botching your shots in camera, it's still important to get that part right...but I think Agierke is underweighting the value of post processing those shots.
 

jdramirez

EOS 5D MK IV
May 31, 2011
2,944
0
42
I like playing guess the settings on the camera, but I'm crap at guess the settings in Lightroom.
 

mackguyver

Master of Pain