HELP!! Canon utility stopped recognising my cameras

Aug 10, 2021
I know this is an old thread, but I just encountered a similar problem trying to connect to EOS Utility over WiFi, so here's what I figured out.

Symptom: Camera connects to WiFi, but when you press "Pairing over Wi-Fi/LAN" in EOS Utility, the camera list window is empty in the EOS Pairing Software window. I eventually found that EOS Utility sends SSDP broadcasts to port 1900 to find the cameras, but unfortunately EOS Webcam Utility also does. When the camera response comes back, EOS Webcam Utility receives it and not EOS Utility. I stopped the EWCPairingService and EWCService services used by EOS WebCam Utility, and restarted EOS Utility, and the camera list populated normally. So, if you have installed EOS Webcam Utility, this may be causing your problem as well.

I think EOS WebCam Utility was in beta around the time of this thread so perhaps you had installed it, and that's why both of your cameras stopped connecting to EOS Utility?
Are you using a VPN?

Upvote 0
I eventually found that EOS Utility sends SSDP broadcasts to port 1900 to find the cameras, but unfortunately EOS Webcam Utility also does. When the camera response comes back, EOS Webcam Utility receives it and not EOS Utility.
Wow. Thank you! This sounds like it will likely will solve my issues with it. My cameras stopped being detected by the utility over WiFi and now that I think about it this started when I installed the webcam utility. Canon support was worthless.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0