Help needed with DxO 10.

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
I’m in desperate need of an easy fix to what seems an insurmountable problem. :'( :'(
Somehow I have accidentally created virtual copies of all but the first 10 or 20 images in a folder of 3,600 shots for a time lapse video of rebuilding a gearbox and overdrive unit for a customer.
Short of deleting all the DxO files and loosing any adjustments made to the shots I can’t see a way around this other than select one skip one, select one skip one through 7,200 shots
Does anyone know how to batch remove virtual copies pleeeeaaasse. :) I may be looking too hard and missing the obvious but I can’t see a way.
I also have no idea where the virtual copies came from, they were not there when I closed down last night yet when I opened the software it seemed to be a long time loading the images at which point I noted that it was approaching 5,000 shots and knowing that there were not that many originals I went looking only to find all the virtual copies. :mad: :mad: :-\
If someone can help I’ll owe them a beer at the very least! 8)
Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Cheers, Graham.

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
First, thanks to all the people who took the time to read my plea for help.
Second, just in case anyone else is caught by this, I found the solution and as expected I was overlooking the obvious! :-[ Down on the left side just above the filmstrip you have two filter buttons, one has az on it and one looks like a funnel. In the az filter there is sort by virtual copy number, click on that and then select all the no2 and hit delete, as easy as that! ::)
The biggest problem was not expecting to find that filter under az and I knew it wasn’t in the funnel filter as I routinely use that tool! ::)
What did I learn from this, when it is late and one is tired and something goes wrong it appears far more serious than it actually is and then the wood cannot be seen for the trees.
If anyone is interested, here is the finished movie of stripping cleaning and rebuilding a Triumph Spitfire 4 speed plus overdrive gearbox. Hopefully the link works, it works for me but then I own the file and have had issues like that before!
There is some lighting fluctuation, part of the cause was using the studio lights for the first time with a cheap but easy to use wireless transmitter and setting maximum shutter sync speed, I didn’t work out the problem until I was nearly finished shooting, I was getting shutter shadow on random shots, turn the shutter down from 1/250 to 1/200 and that was cured, the rest of the variation I have to put down to shooting on different days, or maybe the lights power output isn’t very repeatable?

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0