Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
A friends whoks works in IT as a programmer at NIkon, they plan to out pixel Canon to make the D6 resolution, focus and IQ king. He's not a fanboy but said that Canon will no longer have their bodies and big whites dominate sports any longer. We'll see.... I don't think Canon is going to put out a low resolution camera. If I know about Nikon's plans to out pixel Canon I'm sure they know too.
My cousin's brother in law, the janitor at Nikon's Skunkworks HQ in Japan, says this just is not true. He says the IT guy read the intercepted email wrong. Unfortunately, I can't prove this. My cousin's brother in law is also in charge of the shredder and says it is no longer available. Anymore insider info you get from your friend, the IT guy, should be treated as suspect. Also, you might want to inform him about industrial espionage laws and what an NDA is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
My brother’s cousin’s college roommate’s brother-in-law’s gardener is neighbors with a Canon employee. He told him who told him who told her who told her who told him that Canon has outsold Nikon by significant margins for the past 16 years and plans to continue doing so.
Oops. You beat me to it. ;)

Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
My friend has been right on every Nikon product he told me about and the info he's had on Canon has been spot on too. He said the MKIII will be the beginning of the end of Canon's dominence in sports because the D6 will have greater resolution, focus and IQ. He knows his stuff as his department writes the firmware. He has a prototype camera with the same sensor in the Hasselblad at 50MP that shoots 30fps. It's square and the body is silver grey with no cover or black rubber. If Nikon has a prototype that shoots 50MP at 30fps.... I think Canon has miscalculated strategically. Companies make mistakes and Canon could just have underestimated Nikon. Time will tell but my friend has been right about things at SONY, Canon and Adobe before.

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Time will tell but my friend has been right about things at SONY, Canon and Adobe before.
Time will tell indeed. You should have ended your post with 'You heard it here first!' ;)

Your friend seems to have a bit too much insider knowledge to be a real person. Unless he worked at each of them and you mean during the respective periods he had some knowledge of his current employer.

Also, how does Hasselblad has anything to do with it? Do they make FF sensors? And is it a good idea to ditch Sony as a sensor supplier for Nikon? Companies do make strategic mistakes, you are right.

As for 30 FPS at 50 MP... Meh. How would Hasselblad develop such speeds? Reading through the Brust speeds of their current line up, the Canon R looks like a bloody speed demon, even if you turn on focus priority!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
My friend has been right on every Nikon product he told me about and the info he's had on Canon has been spot on too. He said the MKIII will be the beginning of the end of Canon's dominence in sports because the D6 will have greater resolution, focus and IQ. He knows his stuff as his department writes the firmware. He has a prototype camera with the same sensor in the Hasselblad at 50MP that shoots 30fps. It's square and the body is silver grey with no cover or black rubber. If Nikon has a prototype that shoots 50MP at 30fps.... I think Canon has miscalculated strategically. Companies make mistakes and Canon could just have underestimated Nikon. Time will tell but my friend has been right about things at SONY, Canon and Adobe before.
Hello? Is that you Harry?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
You convinced me, I'll jump ship as soon as possible!

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Hello? Is that you Harry?
That's Mr. Honda Goldwing to you guys. Show some respect. ;) I never knew IT guys wrote camera firmware. Maybe why Sony finally has a Super tele now? Firmware Eztenze 10.2? I heard the new sports lenses coming from Sonikon were code named Ron Jeremy during development. Now we know for sure that Canon is doomed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Aaaaargh - if only Canon design team knew your friend too, then they would never make a mistake again....

Still - this is a rumour site, so its always fun to hear rumours, regardless of source.....

Keep on keeping us informed.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
A friend's friend told me that Canon has a video camera that shoots at very dark places. Oh wait:

I believe Nikon and Sony are doomed! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0