Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The next year will prove to be a big one for Canon on the camera body front, as we’re going to be going into an Olympic year on Canon’s home turf of Japan.
The first Photokina on the new schedule is also in 2020, with the show taking place May 27, 2020 – May 30, 2020.
Below is a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year or so.

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
We expect this to be announced sometime in the first half of 2020 ahead of the summer games.
Canon EOS 90D
We expect to see this camera announced in the next couple of months, and its rumoured to replace both the EOS 80D and EOS 7D Mark II.
Canon EOS RS
A high-resolution EOS R camera is coming to replace the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R. Pixel count will be above 60mp and we expect to see it in the first half of 2020, though an announcement later in 2019 is possible.
Canon EOS RX
A high-speed, high-performance EOS R system camera. This is the one people really want to see from...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
It seems like Canon should release at least one full frame RF body within 2019 to avoid photographers switching from their brand. I'm curious how many photographers have the patience to wait until 2020 for a two card body. Presently, I find the EOS R perfect for my needs, but use a two-card 5DS alongside. I am ready this very instant to add a 3rd body and would gladly buy another EOS R today, but want my 3rd body to have 2 cards.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
It seems like Canon should release at least one full frame RF body within 2019 to avoid photographers switching from their brand. I'm curious how many photographers have the patience to wait until 2020 for a two card body. Presently, I find the EOS R perfect for my needs, but use a two-card 5DS alongside. I am ready this very instant to add a 3rd body and would gladly buy another EOS R today, but want my 3rd body to have 2 cards.
Me too!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018

I think the consensus is that professional photographers are already shooting with cameras that fulfill their basic needs (like a 5D III or IV, or a 1DX mark ii), so why rush? They're invested in the Canon ecosystem already, with loads of L glass that will work perfectly on an R body when they want to get one, so what's the hurry? I don't think people really want to switch brands as much as we talk about it happening. It's a pain in the butt to do so.

Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0
I think the consensus is that professional photographers are already shooting with cameras that fulfill their basic needs (like a 5D III or IV, or a 1DX mark ii), so why rush? They're invested in the Canon ecosystem already, with loads of L glass that will work perfectly on an R body when they want to get one, so what's the hurry? I don't think people really want to switch brands as much as we talk about it happening. It's a pain in the butt to do so.

Part of that is true. Just last month while emailing a photographer selling a 5D mk ii on Craigslist as a possible 4th body relic to keep in my office, she said she was upgrading to two 5D mk iii bodies. Not to the EOS R nor the 5D mk iv ... On the other hand, its evident from Youtube, forums and social media, that Canon has lost more than just a handful of professional camera owners the past few years. I suspect CANON is probably not too worried about things and has a good game plan whatever it may be.

Upvote 0
What I want in a Canon still camera:
-Full-frame + RF mount
-Computational photography, Google Pixel style, by combining multiple images to increase dynamic range.
-Serious video ability, such as waveform monitor and higher than 8-bit recording.

What I want from a Canon Cinema camera:
-Move the bottom-of-market (C100, C200) to RF-mount and full-frame. These people are mainly shooting with full-frame still photo lenses, where the smaller Super 35 sensor makes no sense.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
if u do a lot of video switching isnt bad. just adapt the canon lens u have. then get whatever sony ones u need that u dont have in a canon flavor. plentty of peopel i know got a sony now if they do video work.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
PS to my previous reply ... there's a "wave" Canon can ride this year if they can get even one full frame two-card RF body out. Right now, popular reviewers like SLR Lounge are giving RF glass praise, like the RF 28-27 being a "favorite all-time lens". That's just one of many good RF glass reviews beginning to propagate.

the lens get praise but not much else. then the lens that are praised are out of the price range of most people. they literally did the opposite of what people wanted.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2018
I think the consensus is that professional photographers are already shooting with cameras that fulfill their basic needs (like a 5D III or IV, or a 1DX mark ii), so why rush?

Or why put out a camera at all? People have lots of reasons for why they need new cameras and can't wait. This wouldn't be such an issue if Canon had just started to drag their feet but they have been doing it for years now. But there is always a new SL-2 just around the corner.

-Move the bottom-of-market (C100, C200) to RF-mount and full-frame.

I'm not that excited about moving to full frame but the RF mount on the C series is starting to become a problem. I have a full range of crop glass but my only FF glass an 85. I would like to add the RF-35 and start selling some of my crop glass but I can't do that as I may need the lenses on a C series in the near future and can't adapt R glass to it.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Part of that is true. Just last month while emailing a photographer selling a 5D mk ii on Craigslist as a possible 4th body relic to keep in my office, she said she was upgrading to two 5D mk iii bodies. Not to the EOS R nor the 5D mk iv ... On the other hand, its evident from Youtube, forums and social media, that Canon has lost more than just a handful of professional camera owners the past few years. I suspect CANON is probably not too worried about things and has a good game plan whatever it may be.
Youtube, Social Media, and forums are not a very accurate gauge of what is happening. Sales and market share, however, are. There are people on this forum who've been threatening to switch for years and years. Whatever. They take their cramp pills and are fine until the next cycle of gear that comes along to bash. The point is, there are also people switching from M43, Nikon, and Sony to Canon. I don't think Canon is worried at all. Sony and Nikon's share will continue to slip.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
They listed the 90d but didn’t mention an M5 II. Is that an oversight or do they not expect an upgrade based on current information?

I honestly don't care about the EOS M system. :) I've updated the post and now mention the EOS M system.
That said, I haven't heard anything for quite some time about new cameras for the system. It would make sense to come at the same time as the EOS 90D.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
There are three unannounced Canon cameras registered with radiocommunications authorities:
  1. DS126801 (registered on 8 May, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LP-E6N battery, 6,940×4,640 = 32 MP sensor)
  2. PC2358 (registered on 16 April, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, LP-E17 battery)
  3. PC2367 (registered on 16 April, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, LP-E12 battery)
Source: Nokishita Camera https://www.nokishita-camera.com/p/blog-page_3.html#canon

Upvote 0