Here’s the Canon EOS RP and EG-E1 extension grip

amorse

EOS RP
Jan 26, 2017
www.flickr.com
Also indicates that it has focus bracketing. Is that a first for Canon SLR/Mirrorless, or have I missed it on previous models?
I saw that too - I'd love this feature. I have no idea if it's been offered previously by Canon, but if it has, I've certainly been missing out!

unfocused

EOS 5D SR
You are probably right.
Yeah, I think so. It is called an "extension grip." All the others are called "battery grip." There is a certain amount of absurdity in the idea that one buys a mirrorless camera because it is compact and then shells out extra money to make it bigger. Now all we need is a "Canon SC-1" – a specially designed sound card that will make it louder.

jdavidse

EOS T7i
Sep 13, 2012
Shouldn't take long for a 3rd party version of that thing to come out. Was hoping it would fit 2 batteries.

Is the battery door on the bottom of the RP? Because that thing doesn't look like it would let you change the battery.

The icon printed on the top looks like an SD card or battery.
Buy one with arca Swiss dovetailing like RRS

preppyak

EOS 6D MK II
Oct 18, 2011
Reactions: tmroper

Joules

EOS 80D
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So, it looks like it will probably come in at about $1,599 US then? Not the super aggressive pricing some had hoped at $1,299 - $1,399. That's about where I expected it.
Keep in mind that the european prices are not just based on currency exchange. As mentioned, they include 19% taxes and even then the US prices are usually lower for a number of reasons.

For example, on the respective Amazon pages (de, co.uk, com) the R sells for

US: 2299$
Germany: 2249€
UK: 2149 (Price of Body and Adapter set with the adpater cost subtracted)

Reactions: james75

Pape

EOS 80D
Dec 31, 2018
would be fun if they would make some kind of poor mans backup copy grip ,usb cable from camera to grip and button for little finger to press same time with shooting button to enable earmarking . camera would keep earmarked pic on buffer untill its copyed to grip too .

LesC

EOS RP
Jun 27, 2013
Essex, UK
500px.com
The Amazon links don't seem to work now - perhaps someone jumped the gun?

I wonder if the the battery door is removed to fit the grip which has it's own battery door therefore enabling a larger/longer battery to be used? Probably just wishful thinking on my part. But a good idea perhaps!

knight427

EOS T7i
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I think so. It is called an "extension grip." All the others are called "battery grip." There is a certain amount of absurdity in the idea that one buys a mirrorless camera because it is compact and then shells out extra money to make it bigger. Now all we need is a "Canon SC-1" – a specially designed sound card that will make it louder.
Or add a mirror!
1550083226142.png

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
Could'n it be that this grip is designed to accomodate a new high-capacity battery with different dimensions?:unsure:

knight427

EOS T7i
Aug 27, 2018
Could'n it be that this grip is designed to accomodate a new high-capacity battery with different dimensions?:unsure:
I was wondering if has just a non-replaceable battery to be charged via USB + wall adapter. Seems like the USB charging port would have been noticed by now though.

Adelino

EOS RP
Jan 21, 2015
Also indicates that it has focus bracketing. Is that a first for Canon SLR/Mirrorless, or have I missed it on previous models?
Maybe Canon considers focus bracketing an amateur feature since highly skilled enthusiasts and pros control that for themselves.

Reactions: Pape