Here’s the Canon EOS RP and EG-E1 extension grip

knight427

CR Pro
Aug 27, 2018
Maybe Canon considers focus bracketing an amateur feature since highly skilled enthusiasts and pros control that for themselves.

Brutal.

For the record, I’ve never done focus bracketing, having it as an auto option would more than likely get me to try it. I’m betting it writes only to jpeg, which would be an incentive to learn how to do it myself if I found it interesting enough for my enjoyment.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Could'n it be that this grip is designed to accomodate a new high-capacity battery with different dimensions?:unsure:

I think the grip serves two purposes and is the reason it's included with all the kits.

1) to make up the difference with larger L series lenses and allow the camera to sit flat. The bottom of the camera being so close to the lens mount will make it impossible to use with certain tripod plates without the grip.

2) one would think if 1) was an issue, why design the camera that way in the first place. The answer, to market it as the lightest full frame camera.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
I think the grip serves two purposes and is the reason it's included with all the kits.

1) to make up the difference with larger L series lenses and allow the camera to sit flat. The bottom of the camera being so close to the lens mount will make it impossible to use with certain tripod plates without the grip.

2) one would think if 1) was an issue, why design the camera that way in the first place. The answer, to market it as the lightest full frame camera.
To broaden the scope of target audience to those who pick it up and think it is too small for their hand and/or the larger lens they want to use. It can still be marketed as small and light, but with this to broaden its usability. People don't have to use it - especially if it comes with the kit.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Mark D5 TEAM II

Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
Mar 5, 2013
Tleilax, Thalim Star System
Buy a smaller body, but plug-in a extension grip to make it bigger.....Why not buy R?!
Because now you have a choice between a smaller body or a bigger body with better grip for larger hands and better balance for bigger lenses. No brainer. You don't have to use it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0