Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Update: Here are the first specifications and images of the upcoming Canon EOS R and RF mount lenses.
We finally have the full list of gear that Canon will announce on September 5, 2018.
Canon announcements for September 5, 2018

Canon EOS R body
Canon EOS R w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM kit
Canon BG-E22
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM
Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM
Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM

The lens may have a different name, no confirmation yet.

M (or Mount) adapter R?

Since only “M.ADAP R” “M.ADAP R ND” “M.ADAP R PL” is written in the simple order form, the official name is unknown

PD – E1 is also included in the accessory list

We’ve been told by various people that preorders won’t be available immediately with the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Interesting implications from that list.

The lack of an EF mount adapter strongly suggests the new camera will be able to natively mount EF lenses.

The lack of an IS designation on standard lenses suggests IBIS.

L USM lenses are consistent with a serious, high end offering.

No CR3 tag, so presumably this remains a rumor. If this rumor turns out to be true, there will be plenty of crow to be served on these forms.

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
As with any FF offering, Canon is targeting the upper end user, whether hobbiest or pro. And perhaos given the design variances we may see them come in less expensive than we imagine. Canon was not just going to make a FF M5. This had to be a whole other level of MILC for them.

Wow, this took me by surprise. If this holds true Canon goes into the mirrorless market heavy handed.

This camera must be really amazing if they think people will pay >1k $ for lenses for it. 28-70 F2 and 50 F1.2 are definitely not going to be typical prosumer lenses when it comes to price range.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
35 M IS is interesting. Is this a macro with additional lens IS to complement IBIS?

RF 35mm f/1.8 M IS

What's this a macro lens? why the only RF lens with IS ?

The EF Macro lenses (100L and 24-70L and maybe others) have hybrid IS (at least I think that's what the called it), where it compensates for side-to-side movements as well as angular movements. I think the point being that a tiny side-to-side movement makes a big difference when you're viewing a tiny object at a huge scale, but only makes a tiny difference when viewing a normal object at a normal scale.

I guess perhaps it has angular in-body stabilisation, and the macro lenses add the side-to-side?

Total guess though!

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0