Here’s the list of Canon camcorders being announced next week

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
As previously reported, Canon will be announcing a bunch of camcorders ahead of NAB on or around April 3, 2019.
Camcorders being announced:

Canon XA40
Canon XA45
Canon XA50
Canon XA55
Canon HF G60

We also expect the PL mount Sumire (rumored name) prime lenses to be announced.

Continue reading...

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
What about the C300 mkIII? I thought the rumours had been that it was due to be announced around NAB as well?

Other sites that are more “video-centric” have pretty much shot that down and said there will not be a C300 mkIII at NAB. Of course, we’ll know definitively in about a week or so.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about the little “handycams” and a new 300 is also low on my list of things to care about. What I do want info about, though, are the rumored new primes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an Canon XA11 and I love it. These small camcorders are extremely useful for handheld ENG type work. They are very light and easy to operate handheld by a single operator. The xlr audio inputs make them very versatile. The power zoom is extremely useful. These are all about capturing a moment as it happens rather than going for any type of cinematic effect. I also use mine as a B Cam alongside my Canon 5D Mark IV.

Upvote 0
Other sites that are more “video-centric” have pretty much shot that down and said there will not be a C300 mkIII at NAB. Of course, we’ll know definitively in about a week or so.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about the little “handycams” and a new 300 is also low on my list of things to care about. What I do want info about, though, are the rumored new primes.
Which sites would you describe as bein more video centric? I've always fiynd this site just as good for photo and video rumours. Which video sites are saying this? Thanks.

Upvote 0