Here are Some Interesting Lens Mentions We've Received [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>The rumormill is a bit slow at the moment, but that hasn’t stopped lots of folks writing in with gear that may be on the horizon.</p>
<p>I figured it would be fun to let you know about a few lenses people have claimed are coming in the not-too-distant-future from Canon. I rate all of these lenses as unlikely, but I’ve thought that in the past with other lenses, only to see a couple of them turn out to be true.</p>
<p>There seems to be an abundance of lenses with built-in TC’s hitting my inbox.</p>
<ul>
<li><strong>Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS 1.4x / 2.0x TC

</strong><em>A crazy replacement for the EF 800mm f/5.6L IS with two built-in teleconverters?</em></li>
<li><strong>Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS 1.4x TC</strong>

<em>Another lens to replace the EF 800mm f/5.6L IS?</em></li>
<li><strong>Canon EF 200-600mm IS w/1.4TC</strong>

<em>A new superzoom with a built-in TC? Highly unlikely, but a nice thought nonetheless.</em></li>
<li><strong>Canon EF 14mm f/2L

</strong><em>A faster replacement for the EF 14mm f/2.8L II?</em></li>
<li><strong>Canon EF 50-300mm f/2.8-5.6 IS DO</strong>

<em>One of the more creative wishlist lenses? I doubt we’ll see a DO zoom again.</em></li>
</ul>
<p>I would rank all of these rumored lenses as unlikely, but a couple of them may be worth a discussion.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Mar 25, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
It's like the three blind men and the elephant. There's only one lens coming, the EF 14-600mm f/2-5.6L DO IS USM Extender 1.4x.

Actually, the extender works to make the lens focal length 1.4X longer, but when the lever is flipped the other way, it becomes 1.4X wider. My patent is almost thru the virtual approval process.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
neuroanatomist said:
It's like the three blind men and the elephant. There's only one lens coming, the EF 14-600mm f/2-5.6L DO IS USM Extender 1.4x.

Actually, the extender works to make the lens focal length 1.4X longer, but when the lever is flipped the other way, it becomes 1.4X wider. My patent is almost thru the virtual approval process.

Can you aim for a 25mm with the +/- 1.4x. That sounds pretty good to me.Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'm tired of waiting for Canon. I'm going into partnership with Harry and we are going to do this ourselves.

It will be a SUPER TELEPHOTO LENS THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING FOR. 16-800 mm f2.8 with two tele-extenders, a 1.5x and a 2.3x. AND THERE WILL BE NO LOSS OF LIGHT so you can use the f2.8 aperture with either extenders. It will BE USABLE ON ALL CANON CAMERAS, INCLUDING THE M SERIES AND ANY NEW MIRRORLESS FULL FRAME MODELS AS WELL.

By using special LIGHT-FIELD OPTICAL DISPERSION TECHNOLOGY the lens will weigh less than 2 lbs and be no more than seven inches long.Thanks to the light-field technology THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR FOCUSING BECAUSE ALL FOCUSING CAN BE DONE IN POST PRODUCTION. NO MORE OUT OF FOCUS PICTURES!!!!

I am an ABSOLUTE EXPERT IN LIGHT AND PHYSICS so believe me I CAN DO THIS. However, I will be designing it using public domain software ON MY SPECIAL HAL 9505 (The newest version of the HAL Series) so that CANON CANNOT GO TO COURT TO STOP ME. I have years of experience with LAWSUITS AND HAVE WON EVERY ONE OF THEM, SO I HOPE CANON TRIES TO SUE ME.

Stay tuned for Progress Reports.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
unfocused said:
I'm tired of waiting for Canon. I'm going into partnership with Harry and we are going to do this ourselves.

It will be a SUPER TELEPHOTO LENS THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING FOR. 16-800 mm f2.8 with two tele-extenders, a 1.5x and a 2.3x. AND THERE WILL BE NO LOSS OF LIGHT so you can use the f2.8 aperture with either extenders. It will BE USABLE ON ALL CANON CAMERAS, INCLUDING THE M SERIES AND ANY NEW MIRRORLESS FULL FRAME MODELS AS WELL.

By using special LIGHT-FIELD OPTICAL DISPERSION TECHNOLOGY the lens will weigh less than 2 lbs and be no more than seven inches long.Thanks to the light-field technology THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR FOCUSING BECAUSE ALL FOCUSING CAN BE DONE IN POST PRODUCTION. NO MORE OUT OF FOCUS PICTURES!!!!

I am an ABSOLUTE EXPERT IN LIGHT AND PHYSICS so believe me I CAN DO THIS. However, I will be designing it using public domain software ON MY SPECIAL HAL 9505 (The newest version of the HAL Series) so that CANON CANNOT GO TO COURT TO STOP ME. I have years of experience with LAWSUITS AND HAVE WON EVERY ONE OF THEM, SO I HOPE CANON TRIES TO SUE ME.

Sounds good. Focus in post is great, but since zoom lenses have moving elements you're going to miss out on the vast AvTvM market.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
3kramd5 said:
unfocused said:

Sounds good. Focus in post is great, but since zoom lenses have moving elements you're going to miss out on the vast AvTvM market.

Canon will be developing the post production software, making Adobe or any other company useless. They will be developing their own facial recognition software and a new package designed to identify animals as well. The bird in flight and insect photographers are in secret testing right now.

Upvote 0