Here are the Canon EOS M6 Specifications

Jun 20, 2013
AvTvM said:
question is: does Canon use the same 24MP sensor with DPAF for all 4 cameras: M5, M6, T7i, 77D or not? and is ut the same sensor as in 80D?

I dont understand, why this should be so difficult to confirm for CR asking their sources.

maybe because it's not CR's sources. did you look at the source of the leak?

the M3 and M10 leaks explicitly also mentioned Hybrid CMOS III. So it can go either way.

Upvote 0

Dec 18, 2014
rrcphoto said:
1kind said:
One of the biggest complaints for the M5 was not being able to flip the screen up. Anyone doing video or placing it on a tripod, the screen would be blocked. Even holding it understand, the screen is partially blocked by your hand.

it's REALLY not that hard to get around.

Good grief.

Youpp... It flips up. It don't swivel though, you'll need a Rebel for that! :))

M5_flipback.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
full specs:

Number of effective pixels: Approximately 24.2 million pixels
Video engine: DIGIC 7
Dual pixel CMOS AF
AF point: 49 points
Sequential shooting: 7 frames / sec (AF fixed: 9 frames / sec)
ISO sensitivity: 100 to 25600
Shutter speed: 1 / 4000-30, valve shutter speed synchronized with strobe = 1/200 second
Video: Full HD · HD · VGA, 5-axis electronic image stabilization
Liquid Crystal: 3.0 Type 104.000 Dot Tilt Type Touch Panel
Recording medium: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-I compatible)
Battery: LP-E 17
Size: 112.0 × 68.0 × 44.5 mm
Weight: 343 g (body only), 390 g (including battery and memory cards)
Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth
Color: Black / Silver
Kit: Body - EF - M 15 - 45 mm kit - EF - M 18 - 150 mm kit (Double zoom and others are also sold in some countries)

Good .. it has the DPAF sensor.

CW reports that the price in the UK is around 729 so around 799? in the USA?

a little more heavier than the M3 .. perhaps better build quality? the images seem to indicate that.

a little more expensive perhaps as well, however it's now basically an M5 without an EVF like many of us thought canon would do, and hoped they did.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
-1 said:
rrcphoto said:
1kind said:
One of the biggest complaints for the M5 was not being able to flip the screen up. Anyone doing video or placing it on a tripod, the screen would be blocked. Even holding it understand, the screen is partially blocked by your hand.

Good grief.

Youpp... It flips up. It don't swivel though, you'll need a Rebel for that! :))

M5_flipback.jpg

if someone really wants the camera lcd to flip down on a tripod, you can get a $9 camera plate to do that.

https://www.amazon.com/Fotasy-L100-Release-Compat-Olympus/dp/B0195YP21I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486989906&sr=8-5

it's not exactly the end of the world as some would suggest.

Upvote 0
Dec 30, 2016
rrcphoto said:
full specs:

Dual pixel CMOS AF
Shutter speed: 1 / 4000-30, valve shutter speed synchronized with strobe = 1/200 second
Kit: Body - EF - M 15 - 45 mm kit - EF - M 18 - 150 mm kit (Double zoom and others are also sold in some countries)

a little more heavier than the M3 .. perhaps better build quality? the images seem to indicate that.

a little more expensive perhaps as well, however it's now basically an M5 without an EVF like many of us thought canon would do, and hoped they did.

Very interesting! If Canon would make a sharp fixed 18mm f/2 lens, in a compact version, it could be a perfect street camera...

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
jjesp said:
Very interesting! If Canon would make a sharp fixed 18mm f/2 lens, in a compact version, it could be a perfect street camera...

Very interesting: Canon makes a tiny, sharp and dirtcheap EF-M 22/2.0 lens. It makes for a perfect street camera with any EOS M body ... ;D

That's what I want to buy and what I am waiting for! A bit of a street and bar photo, along with small Aputure AL-M9 pocket LED light and either a ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 5 or in the case of carrying a ntb, Tenba Messenger DNA bag :)

Sounds like a plan, just if the quality of my photos would at least equal the expense of my photo equipment :)

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
jjesp said:
rrcphoto said:
full specs:

Dual pixel CMOS AF

why wouldn't you just use the 22/2 .. which is ideally suited for that .. 28mm is a bit wide for street shooting IMO.. 35 is better for most use cases.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
-pekr- said:
AvTvM said:
jjesp said:

Very interesting: Canon makes a tiny, sharp and dirtcheap EF-M 22/2.0 lens. It makes for a perfect street camera with any EOS M body ... ;D

That's what I want to buy and what I am waiting for! A bit of a street and bar photo, along with small Aputure AL-M9 pocket LED light and either a ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 5 or in the case of carrying a ntb, Tenba Messenger DNA bag :)

Sounds like a plan, just if the quality of my photos would at least equal the expense of my photo equipment :)

it will be curious what the M10 update gets actually. could be a nice ultra small APS-C camera with the 22/2

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
rrcphoto said:
1kind said:

Good grief.
You try viewing the LCD with a ballhead/tripod in your way. Not ideal for a vlogger or someone who does video if Canon.

Yea, you can get around it if you want to spend additional money to by an external monitor. I'll be gladly to accept your purchase.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
1kind said:
rrcphoto said:
1kind said:

Good grief.
You try viewing the LCD with a ballhead/tripod in your way. Not ideal for a vlogger or someone who does video if Canon.

Yea, you can get around it if you want to spend additional money to by an external monitor. I'll be gladly to accept your purchase.
Reading up six or so posts before responding is hard.

Neither of your suggestions are necessary... It's not a hard problem to fix if it's so important, and costs around ten bucks.

Upvote 0
Dec 30, 2016
rrcphoto said:
why wouldn't you just use the 22/2 .. which is ideally suited for that .. 28mm is a bit wide for street shooting IMO.. 35 is better for most use cases.

Well because I like the 28mm world I guess. Perfect for street. I have a Ricoh GR, a very nice street camera. If I want something closer I use my 6D with the 40mm pancake..

But to me, it would be nice that Canon actually made some decent primes to the M series. Look at all the great Fujifilm lenses. A fantastic and very serious line of primes. Can be used both by pros and amateurs. To a fair price. Both Canon and Nikon could learn from Fuji in that matter. But it seems that Canon and Nikon has put all their money into the pro sport and wedding DSLR shooters. Thats fine, but the world changes. I see pro photojournalist and even wedding photographers everywhere switching to Fuji. Lighter, and more durable.... I could see the M series to be a new beginning. But maybe Canon don't see that ;)

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
jjesp said:
rrcphoto said:

Well because I like the 28mm world I guess. Perfect for street. I have a Ricoh GR, a very nice street camera. If I want something closer I use my 6D with the 40mm pancake..

But to me, it would be nice that Canon actually made some decent primes to the M series. Look at all the great Fujifilm lenses. A fantastic and very serious line of primes. Can be used both by pros and amateurs. To a fair price. Both Canon and Nikon could learn from Fuji in that matter. But it seems that Canon and Nikon has put all their money into the pro sport and wedding DSLR shooters. Thats fine, but the world changes. I see pro photojournalist and even wedding photographers everywhere switching to Fuji. Lighter, and more durable.... I could see the M series to be a new beginning. But maybe Canon don't see that ;)

I dont care for Fuji lens linup at all. While most are optically good, they are way too expensive for crop-only lenses. To me Canon EF-M lineup is right on the money. Small, optically decent to excellent [e.g. EF-M 22/2.0 and 28/3.5 - which you seem to ignore] and very affordable. Only EF-M lens missing is a compact, good, light tele, e.g. EF-M 85/2.4 IS STM.

As opposed to Fuji, Canon also has fine EF glass like EF 40/2.8 STM and EF 50/1.8 STM ... optically excellent, very compact, dirt cheap and perfectly functional on EOS M cameras. 8)

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
AvTvM said:
jjesp said:
rrcphoto said:

I dont care for Fuji lens linup at all. While most are optically good, they are way too expensive for crop-only lenses. To me Canon EF-M lineup is right on the money. Small, optically decent to excellent [e.g. EF-M 22/2.0 and 28/3.5 - which you seem to ignore] and very affordable. Only EF-M lens missing is a compact, good, light tele, e.g. EF-M 85/2.4 IS STM.

As opposed to Fuji, Canon also has fine EF glass like EF 40/2.8 STM and EF 50/1.8 STM ... optically excellent, very compact, dirt cheap and perfectly functional on EOS M cameras. 8)

For as much as I love the 40, it is not perfectly functional on the M5. https://dustinabbott.net/2017/01/51457/

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
slclick said:
AvTvM said:
jjesp said:
rrcphoto said:

For as much as I love the 40, it is not perfectly functional on the M5. https://dustinabbott.net/2017/01/51457/

yep, read it. Not sure however, if it is a general problem or just an isolated one / bad copy etc.
Are you experiencing (exactly) the same issues as Dustin with 40/2.8 on M5?

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
AvTvM said:
slclick said:
AvTvM said:
jjesp said:
rrcphoto said:

yep, read it. Not sure however, if it is a general problem or just an isolated one / bad copy etc.
Are you experiencing (exactly) the same issues as Dustin with 40/2.8 on M5?

I don't own the M5 and am holding out for it's successor, sensor size and flange/adapter be damned, I want an improved EVF, better construction on the grip (no creaky creaky) and a real flippy screen ala xxD bodies for ground work macro.

Upvote 0